DS-2CD2132F-I recording to NAS SMB share will not fill a quota of any size

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to solve a long running issue I have with recordings failing.

My cams are DS-2CD2132F-I on firmware 5.3.0 build 150814. I record (events only, not continuous) to separate SMB shares on a NAS with quotas set. The problem is no matter what size I set the drives via the quota, (I have tried hundreds of GBs down to just 10GB), the issue is recordings/playback fail once the drive gets to approx. 50-60% consumed. All three cams do the same.

The symptoms are that when I use any interface for playback, I see the recordings listed and the markers for the events, but playback fails.

So no matter how I size the drive, I cannot achieve it filling and overwriting.

Are other writing to SMB shares managed by the camera successfully?

Any ideas please?

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have been testing with the small 10GB quota drives. I set up multiple 10GB drives on the one cam. The first drive gets to around 60% full and recordings then fail. They do not play back and the files cannot be downloaded. The recording markers are there though. The drive continues to fill according tro the camera. When full the next drive starts being utilised and the recordings on the 2nd drive exist and can be played back!

Maybe I can go back to larger drives and set my percentage for recording (opposed to pictures) to 50% instead of 98%.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
More testing (back on 200GB quota drives) shows that even with it configured as default at 75% recordings and 25% pictures, my recording fail at anywhere from just past 50% to 60% quota utilisation. So I am forced to run my NAS drives configured to 50% recording and 50% pictures. Very inefficient, but the only way that works reliably.

Has anyone else had this? It seems a strange bug and perhaps there is a fix or better work around.