DS-2CD2363G0-I Hikvision Set-up

DanBMcfc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Novice IP Camera member who initially want's to sort my own settings first, any advice would be great

So I have 4 x IP Turrets - DS-2CD2363G0-I

Through the day great it's really night mode and struggling which settings to tweak with to get the best images.

I have 2 main problems;

First is notifications, I have turned motion off as i got too many false readings especially at night so changed to line crossing but even with line crossing at night due to the road being close the front and drive cameras get triggered by cars driving past due to their headlights and also the rear gets triggered when steam from the boiler flue rises .. Is there any way ( moving cameras not an option ) I can minimise this to reduce false triggers

Second is IR - At night no matter how much i decrease the IR people are so blown out and white I can't make out who they are at all which defeats the whole purpose.

I've put some images to show placement, again novice so accept if these seem stupid questions.

Attachments

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The front of the house has such a tiny little area for coverage that I can't see how you're going to fix the issue with the car headlights. Line crossing and intrusion detection are both going to be set off when the covered areas are lit up by the headlights. My only suggestion would be to try lowering the sensitivity in increments but I'm not sure it's going to work. I really think the problems stem from the location, not the cameras. Can't help with the IR issue as mine don't do that.

DanBMcfc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey mate cheers for the reply, the front cam I'll be changing to a 2/4mp low light with lower IR as it's just too close

I did lots of adjustments and got good results by actually taping over the IR temporarily until I replace it and moved the line crossing also lowering the sensitivity only 5 notifications from all cameras last night and that was for genuine activity such as cats wandering etc

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi

what do you get when u set them to day mode at night, 1/25 , up the gain to 80 - anything or just blackness ?