EZViz DB1C weird connectivity issue

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. I'm not new to IP cameras, Blue Iris, or networking. But this is starting to tick me off.
I have an EZViz DB1C, which has been working well since Sept 2021. But it drops off the network now and then. Sort of....
Blue Iris loses it. Can't ping it. But the app still works. W T A F? A power off/on (pain in the butt disconnecting the doorbell transformer) used to bring it back for a while.
This week it's off of Blue Iris completely. My Wi-Fi management sees it connected and sees the IP address and MAC but I can't ping it, a port scan sees no open ports.
It's behaving so oddly that at first, I thought... hmm I've seen odd shtuff caused by an IP address conflict. Almost impossible on my network, Arpwatch usually tells me. But I'll play.
I set a new reservation in DHCP and did a reset. It got the new IP address, and still BI can't see it. I can ping it.

I'd say the camera is failing, or there's a Wi-Fi compatibility issue, but why does it still work through the app??
I may be losing my mind.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Had the same problem with mine. Worked fine for about a year then started dropping connection a hundred times a day or so. Finally just ripped it off the wall and replaced it with an Amcrest AD410. Couldn't be happier now as the Amcrest is rock solid.

anyone

n3wb
Reaction score
Take a quick look at my forum post regarding my DB1 and the firmware upgrade to V5.2.4 build 230404, it appears we encountered similar issues, albeit with different cameras. In my case, I could access the camera feed through the app and successfully ping the camera, but nmap indicated that port 544 was closed.

Is there any chance that the device was upgraded?

If so, the firmware file I used, I don't believe it would work on your device since it's not an identical model. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Your question about how the app streams the video is intriguing. It's possible that the update implemented ONVIF. The app must supports ONVIF for other EZVIZ cameras, it may be worth trying to remove the camera from Blue Iris and then adding it back as an ONVIF camera as a potential solution.

Reaction score
Well, EZ-Viz/Hikvision just lost me with this STUPID "update" disabling RTSP port. Ordered the Reolink doorbell.
Code:
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.98
Host is up (0.36s latency).
Not shown: 65532 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE   VERSION
8000/tcp open  http-alt?
9010/tcp open  sdr?
9020/tcp open  tambora?
1 service unrecognized despite returning data. If you know the service/version, please submit the following fingerprint at https://nmap.org/cgi-bin/submit.cgi?new-service :
SF-Port8000-TCP:V=7.70%I=7%D=7/1%Time=64A087FE%P=i686-pc-windows-windows%r
SF:(Kerberos,10,"\0\0\0\x10\0\0\0\r\0\0\0\r\0\0\0\0")%r(SMBProgNeg,10,"\0\
SF:0\0\x10\0\0\0\r\0\0\0\r\0\0\0\0");

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI, using EZViz Studio in Advanced mode for your doorbell, you can use the Network tab and Apply to re-enable port 544.
Doesn't matter here, they not going to keep doing this and expect me to figure out their freaking mistakes.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks all. I managed to figure out EZViz studio, and enabling the advanced features.
This has re-enabled the ports, and BI is working again, though I wouldn't call it stable.
I'd like to flash a previous version, but I can't seem to find where to disable auto-updates.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI, using EZViz Studio in Advanced mode for your doorbell, you can use the Network tab and Apply to re-enable port 544.
Doesn't matter here, they not going to keep doing this and expect me to figure out their freaking mistakes.
Thanks! That worked for now.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still unstable after using EZVIZ studio to re-enable the ports. Sometimes it's up in BI, and EZVIZ can't see it. Weird.
Downgraded to 220409 and also forced it to connect to a different AP. I had recently replaced a Unifi Nano-HD with a 6 Lite, so forced the DB1C onto an older AC-Lite. Will see how it goes,

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So it auto-updated again and dropped off of BI.
I re-enabled ONVIF and it came back for a while then dropped again. I set up a SSID to be 2.4G only and it's been solid since. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I actually threw my DB1C in the trash last weekend. It could never hold a WiFi signal, either 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz. And the Wifi access point is less than twenty feet away. The Reolink doorbell by comparison has only dropped signal two or three times in the last several weeks.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I actually threw my DB1C in the trash last weekend. It could never hold a WiFi signal, either 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz. And the Wifi access point is less than twenty feet away. The Reolink doorbell by comparison has only dropped signal two or three times in the last several weeks.
The most satisfying thing I’ve done in a while is taking my old DB1C, putting it in a vice, and cutting it in half with my sawsall.