EzViz Doorbell Help

jimp180

n3wb
Reaction score
can someone tell what is supposed to happen electrical to the circuit when the door bell is pushed? I have wired this according to EZVIZ with the included power kit. I know the doorbell button works because it makes its outside chime noise and EZVIZ calls my phone but there is absolutely no change in voltage at the chime (VM= voltmeter) when I push it.

chime wire.png

jimp180

n3wb
Reaction score
So I can only assume my doorbell is faulty, or the firmware is corupt and not breaking/making signal? If its a bad doorbell does anyone know of another way to get the button push to HASS?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm guessing where you have the VM applied the change is so tiny (it would have to be a voltage drop) that it won't show on the VM.

If the meter has a very small current setting (0 to 500mA) and you wired it in series with the transformer and the doorbell you'd more likely see a change.

Does the external chime (where the VM is currently shown) work when the doorbell's button is pushed?

Last edited:

jimp180

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm guessing where you have the VM applied the change is so tiny (it would have to be a voltage drop) that it won't show on the VM.

If the meter has a very small current setting (0 to 500mA) and you wired it in series with the transformer and the doorbell you'd more likely see a change.

Does the external chime (where the VM is currently shown) work when the doorbell's button is pushed?
No that is the problem, I have purchased a Shelly uni along with a 24v relay and wired it as per Deep Dive into the EZVIZ DB1 Doorbell with Home Assistant hoping the problem was my new chime but i dont trip the relay either
1684517222091.png