FI9805 and F9900 are to sensitive to light

Bumba

n3wb
Reaction score
As the thread says. My cams sensitivity are tricky to adjust.
If I set the sensitivity to medium the cam alerts at every little light source and I get like a thousand mails a night. If I set the sensetivity to low the burglar has to walk up to the cam and wave his arms to get caught.

The question, does anyone elese have similar problems? And is there any setting I can adjust to get a more "normal" sensitivity?

I live in Sweden and we have a dark time right now, so every car that pass my house sends me an email, its the headlights that trigger the alarm! :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume your are talking about motion sensing alerts? Most cameras built in motion is problematic. Have you tried adjusting the motion "mask" if it has one. This defines what part of the picture triggers motion alerts.
Only real solution is to use a good outdoor rated motion sensor, with a camera or NVR that has alarm inputs.

Bumba

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh! Yes, sorry. I mean the sensitivity of the motion alert.
Yes I have done som adjustment of the "mask", that limit the alarm "trigger-area" of the picture I see from the camera.

So there is no solution for my problem with my Foscam cameras? I will need a seperate outdoor motion sensor?

Can I get a "good outdoor rated motion sensor" and connect it to my Foscam camera? If, which one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! Yes, sorry. I mean the sensitivity of the motion alert.
Yes I have done som adjustment of the "mask", that limit the alarm "trigger-area" of the picture I see from the camera.

So there is no solution for my problem with my Foscam cameras? I will need a seperate outdoor motion sensor?

Can I get a "good outdoor rated motion sensor" and connect it to my Foscam camera? If, which one?
There is no solution...you need a pir sensor or use software like blue iris that can do its own motion detection and with advanced settings you essentially eliminate false alerts..