Forget PTZ's it seems lightbulb cameras are all the rage

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Forget PTZ's (not really) it seems lightbulb cameras are all the rage:

BTW is that Looney from his younger days with that there eyesight test placard?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then your spouse turns off the outdoor lights to save energy and that camera turns off haha.
Lord, yes....we've lived in this house 17 years now and my wife still walks up to the triple wall plate in the living room (sunroom ceiling fan/light far left, then wall spotlight over gas floor heater, then living room ceiling fan/light far right) and starts flipping switches until something lights up or moves. Sometimes they get left in the position they were before she started flipping them, even if it wasn't what she wanted.

Same thing going out into the garage: a duplex box to the left of the door with only 2 switches (garage ceiling lights , 2 under-eave floodlights on either side of garage door)...meaning there's a 50-50 chance of her flipping the correct one.....after 17 years, no less.

Drives me nuts.....but if that's the worst annoyance she can come up with, I consider myself blessed. :lmao:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Wife and I hate the Smart Toggle Switches, that is physically. You have to push the bottom of the switch to Toggle On/Off, I am sure there is a reason for it.

I could see people turning the Bulb CAMs around 180 degrees, haha...

Maybe the Indoor use might be a quick indoor CAM fix to watch your Pet...are any of these RSTP or ONVIF capable? Guess I need to watch the video...

1677939381162.png

EDIT:

Found my answer:

1677940429323.png

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I could actually like this idea if it wasn't for 2 reasons:

1. The cams recommended appear larger than the average light housing which kind of makes them useless for outside if they won't fit

2. The picture quality is rubbsh compared to the cameras we generally recommend on here

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it's designed to lure those in looking for simple but seemingly professional solutions, eg the typical doorbell / consumer camera buyers. Offer something that's plug and play but looks like the all singing all dancing high value camera you see at the local mall.

Like I said, I could like this idea if this was a decent Dahua mini ptz that fitted in a wall light enclosure and performed as a Dahua ptz would. However, with many having casings too large to fit, poor picture quality, at least by our standards, I really don't see anything that's going to change the world. Pity becasue a plug and play camera like this of real quality, coudl be an interesting proposition if miniturised properly to fit something like this typical modern coach light (a non pir version obvsiouly).