Foscam FI9805W recording issues

petzkak

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies if this question has already been answered, but a quick search of these forums didn't give me much.

Just purchased an FI9805W and was hoping to get some advice on video settings.
http://www.foscam.com/FI9805W.html

When I look at the live video via the monitoring tool, the image is fine. The issue is that when the motion detection is triggered and the camera starts recording, the recorded video is 'jumpy/jittery' for lack of a better word. It almost pauses and then starts again and only seems to record for around 10-12 seconds even though I have set the recording time to 30 seconds.

On motion detection it is set to record to ftp over internet (i.e. not on my local intranet).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Foscam fi8905w recording issues

Apologies if this question has already been answered, but a quick search of these forums didn't give me much.

Just purchased an FI8905W and was hoping to get some advice on video settings.

When I look at the live video via the monitoring tool, the image is fine. The issue is that when the motion detection is triggered and the camera starts recording, the recorded video is 'jumpy/jittery' for lack of a better word. It almost pauses and then starts again and only seems to record for around 10-12 seconds even though I have set the recording time to 30 seconds.

On motion detection it is set to record to ftp over internet (i.e. not on my local intranet).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. Best advice I can give you is to return that camera. Its a vga low resolution camera. Its 2016. 1080p should be your minimum. Second there are way better options than foscam, though not all can send video over ftp. Even if you want to stick with foscam, look at their 720p/1080p models.

petzkak

n3wb
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. Best advice I can give you is to return that camera. Its a vga low resolution camera. Its 2016. 1080p should be your minimum. Second there are way better options than foscam, though not all can send video over ftp. Even if you want to stick with foscam, look at their 720p/1080p models.
My bad, looks like my fingers are faster than my eyes. It's actually a Foscam FI9805W

Based on the reviews I read (which might be dated), they seemed like a pretty popular model.

P.S. Is there anyway for me to modify the title of the thread?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

My bad, looks like my fingers are faster than my eyes. It's actually a Foscam FI9805W

Based on the reviews I read (which might be dated), they seemed like a pretty popular model.

P.S. Is there anyway for me to modify the title of the thread?
Still a bad cam...Ill change the title

dalepa

Reaction score
Can you get your money back? You can buy a 4K cam for almost 1/2 the price. I can't believe they still sell this cam.

petzkak

n3wb
Reaction score

Still a bad cam...Ill change the title
Thanks for changing the title.

Can you recommend something better?

I'm in the process of researching a complete set up, but until I do that and set that up I need something temporary to monitor the entrance of the house. My requirements for this temp cam are;
- Good Value for money
- Able to be sourced locally in Melbourne (or have it delivered before the weekend)
- Motion detection and able to record video on motion (local or network)
- Night/no light viewing is optional but preferable

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for changing the title.

Can you recommend something better?

I'm in the process of researching a complete set up, but until I do that and set that up I need something temporary to monitor the entrance of the house. My requirements for this temp cam are;
- Good Value for money
- Able to be sourced locally in Melbourne (or have it delivered before the weekend)
- Motion detection and able to record video on motion (local or network)
- Night/no light viewing is optional but preferable
look for a hikvision camera that has an sd card slot..