Hard drive issues ?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
here's a screen shot of my B.I. main window.
Down across the bottom, my video events line are chopped up and not solid, as it has always been. This has happened just recently for last few weeks. Is this a hard drive problem in the making?

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
please provide screen shots
1) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
2) blue Iris status cameras tab
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
here's a screen shot of the lightning bolt, and the settings/storage page, should be set to continually delte files after the disk is full.
Im using this drive for at least 2 years now.

Attachments

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i am recording video full time, I have, saved /new bvr files on the disk presently.
I just opened one up, and the video plays, but the slider goes all wonky while playing,

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just manually deleted a ton of video files from the drives 4tb purple drive, and ran the W.D. hard drive test, with no errors apparent - (I now have 3.13tb of free space) I'm still getting the same errors ..

side note: my B.I. extended support says its expired, but I have paid it automatically last Nov. - I sent B.I. a screen shot of my paypal payment to them, and asked them to rectify.
I don't think this might have anything to do with this problem, buy it is what it may be.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you’ve only got a 4Tb drive then you have both New and Stored configured to use 3.2Tb, so you need to sort this out to get rid of the over allocation errors.

Also if you are manually deleting clips using Windows Explorer then BI won’t know that you’ve done this without running a reindex on the BI database.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK
set new at 2500, alerts at 500 g. stored at 0 this should be ok for a 3.63g. formatted drive.
looks like now, the allocation error went away.
headroom on drive is now 726mg.
no more red lightning bolt.
confounded on why this happens now, after 2 years.
Thank you everyone !

on to my next debacle :cool:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alerts doesn't need to be that big. I use 1GB for 4 times your storage you have and have never had an issue.