Help adding second camera

Tim Tim

n3wb
Reaction score
First post, hopefully it's the right section, if not can a mod please move it to the right section.

I have one Swann swnhd-825cam conhd-b3mp8 which is a Rebranded HikVision 2032 connected to BV-Tech POE-SW501 BV TECH 10/100Mbps 4 Port & 1 Uplink PoE Switch.

I would like to add a second identical camera. But I'm having no luck. Camera powers up fine. I have attached the settings for the 1st camera which is working.

Any more info you need or suggestions welcome.Screenshot_20180318-212458.png Screenshot_20180318-212508.png Screenshot_20180318-212521.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First post, hopefully it's the right section, if not can a mod please move it to the right section.

I have one Swann swnhd-825cam conhd-b3mp8 which is a Rebranded HikVision 2032 connected to BV-Tech POE-SW501 BV TECH 10/100Mbps 4 Port & 1 Uplink PoE Switch.

I would like to add a second identical camera. But I'm having no luck. Camera powers up fine. I have attached the settings for the 1st camera which is working.

Any more info you need or suggestions welcome.View attachment 27642 View attachment 27643 View attachment 27644
its important to point out you are using tiny cam...
settings should be the same as the working cam but for the ip address

Tim Tim

n3wb
Reaction score
its important to point out you are using tiny cam...
settings should be the same as the working cam but for the ip address
Yes, sorry forgot to mention using tinycam and also ispy.

I logged into my router and the camera/ip address isn't showing up.

Should I reset, router, poe switch, comp ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry forgot to mention using tinycam and also ispy.

I logged into my router and the camera/ip address isn't showing up.

Should I reset, router, poe switch, comp ?
was the camera ever working?
try rebooting all 3

Tim Tim

n3wb
Reaction score
was the camera ever working?
try rebooting all 3
Tried rebooting, nothing showing up in router. The camera's were bought new as two pack, just initially installed the first one, now I want to add the second. The led's on the camera light up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried rebooting, nothing showing up in router. The camera's were bought new as two pack, just initially installed the first one, now I want to add the second. The led's on the camera light up.
camera may be on a different subnet. if you cant see the camera you cant set it up...try using hikvision SADP software to find it and set the ip to be within range of your network

Tim Tim

n3wb
Reaction score
camera may be on a different subnet. if you cant see the camera you cant set it up...try using hikvision SADP software to find it and set the ip to be within range of your network
Okay figured it out, was a bad network cable of all things, thanks for the help.