HELP!!!!!- POE RJ 45 connecter broke on camera need wiring code

steve9380

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cut my RJ 45 connector and need to replace it. I have the jacks but don't know the wiring code for my
POE 10x Huisun PTZ camera.
Can anyone help with the proper wiring diagram so I can replace the jack.

Thanks.
Steve
stevejefferies@yahoo.com

I posted a picture. and Thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cut my RJ 45 connector and need to replace it. I have the jacks but don't know the wiring code for my

Thanks.
Steve
stevejefferies@yahoo.com

I think this is the standard T568B straight through color codes which is what I use. T568A is for crossover, which is the least popular. 2 pictures attached.
Roger

Attachments

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@RogMan

That's cable standards - these are not the color codes within devices. Devices contain yellow's purples, aqua's, etc... That is what he's looking for is the wiring code for the device connector/pins, not a cable that connects to the device.

Also OP try to limit your posts on duplicate topics to only one thread. People here typically assist based on the "whats new" posting's. So duplicating your posts in mult areas doesn't typically generate any more of a response.

D!ngo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks.
Steve
stevejefferies@yahoo.com

Do you have a volt/amp meter? Set it to ohm with audible so that when touching the probes together will make beeping sound. Strip the ends of the wires on the broken jack and test which wire is connected to the metal pins in the jack. Buy a Keystone Jack from Home Depot and connect the wires from the camera according to the layout of the broken jack.