Help with camera setup

vrvrvrvrvr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, kind a new here, but being users of a camera for a year.
Dahua IPC-HDW2441T-ZS-27135
Recently, have flipped camera to 90 degrees to get the better focus.

Problem is that I cant find optimal settings to record only human & vehicles. During the day - it is some kind of okay. During the night - camera "sees" a lot of noise and records motionless videos.

I have spent literally weeks on configurations for this camera, and still not able to understand all the settings (Even re-reading 5 times and searching forums) - as per my POV - this is failure in the design and UX/UI and find the best settings just to record humans, vehicles, flying balls toward the car or other larger objects entering the camera view (excluding snow, and leaves shadow during summer season)

I think IVS is the way to go for my requirements, but making my setup - I see no recording at all. Did I do it wrong ?
Thank you for your support and hints in advance.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That view looking straight down is not what the AI was developed on - all that is going to see is top of heads.

It is not a failure of design - it is a failure in the field of view. The AI needs to see the whole person or vehicle, not just the top of head.

Is there anyway you can lower it?

But IVS works best when MD/SMD is turned OFF.

So first try that with just IVS.

I suspect though that since that is a tough field of view, you will probably need to use MD and suffer with the false triggers.

vrvrvrvrvr

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can lower it?
Impossible.

But IVS works best when MD/SMD is turned OFF.
Ok, will uncheck tickbox.

So first try that with just IVS.
Ok, but are my IVS settings looking correct ?

I suspect though that since that is a tough field of view, you will probably need to use MD and suffer with the false triggers.
This is how I lived so far before changing camera mount angle. Since than cant find optimal MD sensitivity / threshold levels to limit the noise and used storage space.

Thank you for your reply.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You don’t need 4 duplicate Intrusion boxes. Delete 3 of them and draw a zig zag tripwire line. It should detect better.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks good.

IVS won’t typically trip for anything other than humans/vehicles. Some of the older firmware used to but the newer stuff typically won’t.

vrvrvrvrvr

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm.. knowing that - what will happen if i uncheck target filter at all? it allows to save. IVS wont work at all ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On newer firmware it typically still doesnt pick up anything but humans/vehicles. Many of us think it should. Cant hurt to try
In theory it would pick up anything crossing the lines. Still better than MD, but most have found that it wont

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
You're going to have to accept all you're going to get from this camera is alerts. If you can't lower it there's nothing you can do but unless someone looks directly up, you're never going to have any usable footage to identify anyone.

A small area like that should easily be covered with either single instance of trip wires or two instances (remember to cover both directions as trip wires are directional), and if other cars aren't parked there, people could approach from the side. You can draw a lot of lines in a single instance, but if you can't draw enough, draw them in 1 direction in 1 instance then open another instance and draw them in the other direction in the other.

vrvrvrvrvr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you everyone assisting. So far - works very well. Humans and motor vehicles being detected very well. Other objects looks like are not being detected and most likely filter in settings is for event tagging only.