Help with cpu demand

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I use blue iris on a Lenovo m93p tiny pc.
The spec of the pc is i5 processor and 4gig of ram.
I have a hikvision 2032 (soon to be retired) and a similar hikvision dome running on blue iris and have today added a Dahua 4431rz and am also waiting on delivery of a Dahua 5231rze from Andy.
My dome is not set to record but the hik 2032 and Dahua 4431 are set to record on trigger (mask feature in blue iris) and when they record together the cpu usage flashes red in blue iris and goes to around 95%, so I’m guessing this is only going to become more of an issue when the 5231 arrives.
How many cameras should the i5 processor be able to handle and is my issue maybe the camera settings rather than underpowered cpu ?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I use blue iris on a Lenovo m93p tiny pc.
The spec of the pc is i5 processor and 4gig of ram.
I have a hikvision 2032 (soon to be retired) and a similar hikvision dome running on blue iris and have today added a Dahua 4431rz and am also waiting on delivery of a Dahua 5231rze from Andy.
My dome is not set to record but the hik 2032 and Dahua 4431 are set to record on trigger (mask feature in blue iris) and when they record together the cpu usage flashes red in blue iris and goes to around 95%, so I’m guessing this is only going to become more of an issue when the 5231 arrives.
How many cameras should the i5 processor be able to handle and is my issue maybe the camera settings rather than underpowered cpu ?
Thanks
you dont state what model processor..i5 is a meaningless term..
there is a wiki and a bunch of threads explaining that you need to enable direct to disk recording and hardware acceleration

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apologies, that may have helped. The processor is the 4750T 2.9ghz
You are spot on, my hik I enabled direct to disk but the new Dahua was not so have changed that and it’s helped vastly.
I have also now chosen hardware acceleration as this was off.
One other query, both my hiks are running at around 25fps where’s the Dahua is around 15, is this likely to be detrimental and if so what is the best course of action to raise it.

Last edited:

SkwatzForFood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are spot on, my hik I enabled direct to disk but the new Dahua was not so have changed that and it’s helped vastly.
One other query, both my hiks are running at around 25fps where’s the Dahua is around 15, is this likely to be detrimental and if so what is the best course of action to raise it.
Click the gear at the top for Blue Iris options, then click cameras, fourth option down is Intel HD hardware acceleration.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, I worked it out so amended my post :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you dont need 25fps...lower the hik to 15 in the cameras web interface.