hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw 3MP Android app connecting issues

vr666m

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]So i did my research and bought the hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw 3MP.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]got it connected to local wifi and able to log into the cam IP address for live view in Firefox after downloading the plug in. (Chrome won't work)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]right now, i am trying to figure out but can't get these to work:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. can't live view from iVMS-4500 app using 4G remotely. it won't connect in my Android phone when it's out of local wifi.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. can't get live view in Synology NAS Surveillance Station 7.2.1 in firefox and chrome ver 52. I read about NPAPI not being supported.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]i thought i am reading people having success with this ? am i missing something?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Two way audio failed. how do i make it work?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to spend some time to explain!
new to port forwarding and read a bunch , tried a bunch and can't get it to work.
I have the Asus [/FONT]
rt-n66u router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You need to forward port 8000 if using the ivms app. No other ports.
You router has built in vpn. You can use that instead of port forwarding - it will be much more secure.

vr666m

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You need to forward port 8000 if using the ivms app. No other ports.
You router has built in vpn. You can use that instead of port forwarding - it will be much more secure.

can you elaborate more on the router built in vpn?
step by step will be great, if not, can you direct me on what to read up ?

thanks