Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A - stopped recording

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just noticed that my nvr that I've had for 2 years or so has stopped recording for the past 3 days. I've done a reboot of both cams and the nvr and still nothing. Anything I should be looking to do?

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply but it has started recording again. Nothing on the logs and nothing else out the ordinary either.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had a power cut on Sunday and it's stopped recording again. Since then I can no longer view the cams on my mobile phone via IVMS4500 and it shows up HCNetSdkError:0 although I can still see them on my PC and tablet. I've also done a format on my HDD to see if that would start the recordings again - cams on motion sensors but nothing. Then done a restore on parameters, expect IP parameters and user info. Now it's showing on DDNS an unticked ENABLE DDNS, When I click on enable to refill my previous details showing hikonline, username, etc it defaults back to an unticked Enable DDNS box again. I also can't see my cams IP that was previously highlighted and clickable on camera management but can still see them on live view. My BT modem seems fine and showing what I believe is how it's always been.

Anything I should be looking at?

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick update - Upgraded the firmware to V3.4.2 build 160129 and it's back to recording although I've lost the link now to the older www.hik-online.com in DDNS. I've registered with hik-connect.com and all seems to be working, apart from when going to network - basic settings -tcp/ip. My prefered dns server has gone to 192.168.X.XXX instead of 8.8.8.8. I've tried to change it but it keeps reverting back to it. Also, in DDNS it's still showing the older hik-online.com as well it no longer shows the cameras as a link in camera management.

Getting there slowly but surely.