Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S Acusense with H.265+

Miro22

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I recently purchased Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S NVR with Acusense technology and combined it with 4x cameras DS-2CD2143G0-IU. The cameras are working just fine with H.264, including AcuSense Smart Analysis for line crossing - people and vehicles are detected as expected and notifications are sent out with each detection.

My problem is that when I change the camera's encoding to H.264+, H.265 or H.265+, the Acusense Smart Analysis stops working. The green rectangles are displayed around people and vehicles just like before, even the line color changes when it's crossed, but no alarm is raised and no notifications are sent out. I tried to play with the sensitivity parameter in line crossing smart event settings, tried to cross the line in different angles, but it just seems as if the NVR filters all the line crossing smart events out with any other encoding, but H.264.

Has anyone else experienced such problem? Is AcuSense supported with H.265+ (or H.264+ and H.265 for that matter)? I'd really want to use the benefits of both the encoding and the AcuSense Smart Analysis.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Miro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I recently purchased Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S NVR with Acusense technology and combined it with 4x cameras DS-2CD2143G0-IU. The cameras are working just fine with H.264, including AcuSense Smart Analysis for line crossing - people and vehicles are detected as expected and notifications are sent out with each detection.

My problem is that when I change the camera's encoding to H.264+, H.265 or H.265+, the Acusense Smart Analysis stops working. The green rectangles are displayed around people and vehicles just like before, even the line color changes when it's crossed, but no alarm is raised and no notifications are sent out. I tried to play with the sensitivity parameter in line crossing smart event settings, tried to cross the line in different angles, but it just seems as if the NVR filters all the line crossing smart events out with any other encoding, but H.264.

Has anyone else experienced such problem? Is AcuSense supported with H.265+ (or H.264+ and H.265 for that matter)? I'd really want to use the benefits of both the encoding and the AcuSense Smart Analysis.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Miro
It should work regardless. Try rebooting the NVR have making the change.

Miro22

n3wb
Reaction score
It should work regardless. Try rebooting the NVR have making the change.
Tried that several times, but it didn't make a difference.

I finally contacted Hikvision support and they responded that Acusense is not supported with H.265+ just yet. It's only compatible with H.264. Hope this information will help somebody with the similar issue.

Reaction score

I finally contacted Hikvision support and they responded that Acusense is not supported with H.265+ just yet. It's only compatible with H.264. Hope this information will help somebody with the similar issue.
To clarify, will Acusense work with H.264 and H.265, but not H.265+?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

shit....no wonder don't work... lol...thx.