Hikvision DS7604NI-E1-4P NVR will record both b/w and colour, but only play back b/w remotely.....

Henrikc

n3wb
Reaction score
Had to exchange a faulty Darkfighter camera to a dome type DS-2CD2142FWD.I, and now the NVR records on motion ok in both day and night settings....however it will not play back recordings remotely if they are in colour. It seems the NVR freeze when the cam shifts to colour in the next recording.
If I force the camera to constant night vision (black and white), the NVR will play back recordings remotely.
The colour recordings can be played locally via hdmi on the recorder.
I upgraded the firmware from V3.4.90 to V3.4.96 when i switched kameras, and downgraded the firmware again to V3.4.90 as it did not work. But no success.
An other HIK cube cam works ok with the NVR, and recordings in colour do play back remotely.
I have switched to different NVR-poe ports between the cameras, and only the two dome cams make trouble independent of where they are connected. The cameras have the latest firmware.

I want the dome cams to work in colour during daytime, and be able to view motion triggered recordings remotely.

Any suggestions please, to what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Best rgds
Henrik

Henrikc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello again,
I may be on my way to solve this issue, but I am not certain yet.....

However, the new cameras I exchanged the Darkfighter cam with, have a higher resolution, and I saw a link describing similar issues to mine, and referred to a solution by downgrading the video quality from the cam, as the uplink network capacity could be the reason for trouble.

In my case it worked ok with camera resolution at max but in black and white. Having now reduced resolution, it seems to work in colour.

Does it make sense?
Is the NVR network load lower in full resolution b/w compared to reduced resolution in colour?

Thanks
Henrik

Henrikc

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed,
Automatic shift from night to day and replay of recordings in both modes works this morning, after the resolution was reduced for the camera.

So it serms to be a network issue rather than a camera or NVR fault.

Thanks,
Henrik