Hikvision dvr record schedule vs arming schedule

webnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have Hikvision dvr and 4 cameras. I want dvr records only on motion detection whole day 00:00 - 23:59 (0:00am - 11:59pm) and to get email alerts only between specific hours 21:00 - 06:00 (9:00pm - 6:00am).

I've set motion detection correctly and it works. With email alerts I have problems. I'm getting emails all day. Where I can set when would cameras send email alerts? Is it on record schedule or arming schedule because I don't know what is exactly difference between these two schedules?

Thanks for help!

Nayto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, did you manage to figure this one out?

I'm also a little confused as to the difference between the "Arming Schedule" under Motion/Basic Event and the "Record Schedule" under Schedule settings... after some messing around (ie; turning the record schedule off but leaving the arming schedule on..) it no longer sends emails or uploads to FTP on motion now. So what exactly is the arming schedule for?

Cheers.

webnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I didn't figure out how exactly can I solve my problem. What I did is, I've set live recording between 6am to 9pm and between 9pm to 6am I've set recording on motion with email alerts.