Hikvision Facial/fingerprint reader - Arming status failed error

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new here. I am trying to solve an annoying intermittent issue we are having at one of our sites.

We installed 7 Hikvision time and attendance devices for a client about four and a half years back. The technical manager who set them up left last year. The devices were configured on hikcentral,( currently on version 2.2.1) this works with a 3rd party time and attendance software (Jarrison Time). About 3 months ago the readers would stop pulling the clock-in and out times to Jarrison even though on the Real time monitoring you could see the users clocking in and out. On the Access control overview it would show the devices as abnormal and display this error ; 'Arming failed, system IP 10.0.0.30' (IP add of the server that the software is on). The desperate fix currently is rebooting the devices until they say, 'Arming enabled'.
Has anyone else come across the same issue? About a month ago we changed 2 of the old devices and installed new devices and added a 3rdonsite to make it 8 devices. We thought perhaps it would solve the issue but it still continues even now.
The old devices model : DS-K1T605MF
The new devices model : DS-K1T673DW

I have included a picture of the error.

Attachments

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only 1 service can have arming on device.

If you are using 3rd party software that does arming on device, hikcentral wont be able to.

Hikdevices support only 1 SDK arming in total.

Also it could be due to bad bandwidth or ping to devices. And sometimes arming breaks and when trying to connect back, device will deny because in its buffer its still "armed".

Solution:

Dont use SDK arming, rather ISAPI periodical GET(if devices support ISAPI)

Reaction score
Only 1 service can have arming on device.

If you are using 3rd party software that does arming on device, hikcentral wont be able to.

Hikdevices support only 1 SDK arming in total.

Also it could be due to bad bandwidth or ping to devices. And sometimes arming breaks and when trying to connect back, device will deny because in its buffer its still "armed".

Solution:

Dont use SDK arming, rather ISAPI periodical GET(if devices support ISAPI)
Trempa92 thank you for taking the time to respond to me. The 3rd party software does not do arming on the devices. It simply pulls data from hikcentral for the payroll.
However, I noticed that the devices are added to both hikcentral and ivms. Could that be the potential cause of the problem? Thank you for the suggestions you put forth, I will try them.

Reaction score
Yes, ivms does arming as well by default when you add device to client
Hey man. I just wanted to let you know that deleting the devices from IVMS seems to have helped with the arming issue.
Everything seems to be working as it should now. Thank you very much.