Hikvision Firmware Upgrade Problems or Not?

Reaction score
@DilbertDonald LTS is right that 'LTS' branded products are Hikvision but LTS branded products are not supported directly by Hikvision USA; that's one of the tradeoffs of the general lower price LTS offers for their branded versions
I am not sure that I am representing the situation correctly, I nor LTS has stated they sold me LTS branded equipment, I was sold Hikvision branded equipment. The equipment has the Hikvision Logo and it came in the Hikvision boxes. I do not understand how your comments relate to this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They are trying to handle it, so I will update when I have one
Turns out Hikvision was wrong and that was after 4 calls to verify with them that the last rep was correct in stating it was designed for another region. When you have a camera from a kit it may not show up as supported but you have to find a rep that knows how to search for supported products. The camera is supported. Hold onto it the serial number that comes on the kit box to avoid this nonsense.

Reaction score
Now hikvision can't even upgrade the firmware them selves with a remote session, cam won't take firm ware upgrade. What a bunch of junk, you have to use outdated internet explorer to get into settings ( chrome & Firefox are not supported) and we all know the security flaws associated with anything open internet explorer only! All I do now is LAUGH