HooToo IP008 Zoom Function Not Working

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
HooToo IP008 (Foscam186xxx/98xxx Compatible via auto detection). Zoom does not work but does work in the HooToo setup. Any ideas? Blue Iris 4.1.1.0 w32

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HooToo IP008 (Foscam186xxx/98xxx Compatible via auto detection). Zoom does not work but does work in the HooToo setup. Any ideas? Blue Iris 4.1.1.0 w32

Thanks
In the blue iris camera properties>PTZ tab>select hootoo

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the username you are using (entering in blue iris) have ptz rights for the camera? some cameras limit which users can ptz.
Requires user/pass, still doesn't work, tried both ways. It's just the zoom that doesn't work, all other PTZ controls work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Requires user/pass, still doesn't work, tried both ways.
Try setting using the hootoo in the video dropdown as well as the ptz dropdown...
What is the http port for the hootoo?

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
Try setting using the hootoo in the video dropdown as well as the ptz dropdown...
What is the http port for the hootoo?
Doesn't work either, in fact no PTZ controls work with that setting. The port is default 80. I tried other ports just in case there was interference with the other cameras. I have an older HooToo that works just fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't work either, in fact no PTZ controls work with that setting. The port is default 80. I tried other ports just in case there was interference with the other cameras. I have an older HooToo that works just fine.
Try every foscam in the ptz dropdown menu and see if any work.

Side note, you can use the same ports for each camera, you cant interfere with other cameras as the ip address is unique..

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
Try every foscam in the ptz dropdown menu and see if any work.

Side note, you can use the same ports for each camera, you cant interfere with other cameras as the ip address is unique..
Yes I know, doesn't hurt to try other unique ports such as 8080 but the port isn't the problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Only the compatible listed above works. Just not the zoom.
Email support..you are going to have to give the developer access to the camera so he can add ptz controls..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@OldDad, you might also try ipc, cantonk from the dropdown in the ptz and see if it works..

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Working with support now, testing my old port forwarding skills to bust through my hardware/software firewall.
What camera did you have to select? for others who have the same issue...

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
What camera did you have to select? for others who have the same issue...
The one in my first post -- Foscam186xxx/98xxx Compatible -- It was auto-detected and populated both setup fields in Blue Iris. Will be interesting to see if support has the answer but I think it will take a new script and new entry on the camera list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The one in my first post -- Foscam186xxx/98xxx Compatible -- It was auto-detected and populated both setup fields in Blue Iris. Will be interesting to see if support has the answer but I think it will take a new script and new entry on the camera list.
I misunderstood your post, I though you meant you got it working...its likely one of the others on the list will work..all these cameras have tons of clones and use the same commands for ptz..

OldDad

n3wb
Reaction score
I misunderstood your post, I though you meant you got it working...its likely one of the others on the list will work..all these cameras have tons of clones and use the same commands for ptz..
It would take more time than I have to go through that entire list. Support my have an answer, we'll see.