How the hell do I mount this 2431 ??

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not making any sense here. How does this work ? See pic. 1594941789090399266557065847518.jpg

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't twist it to lock or anything. This doesn't make sense. It's the cheap plastic 2431 from Andy.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this a serious concern.
I wouldn't personally purchase a camera with a plastic fixing and I'm in the UK not known for its sunshine. I've seen many clips broken in the past on the likes of gutter clips and shed plastics because of the weather and sunshine,it dries the plastic out.

For what It cost you don't loose any sleep over it.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldn't personally purchase a camera with a plastic fixing and I'm in the UK not known for its sunshine. I've seen many clips broken in the past on the likes of gutter clips and shed plastics because of the weather and sunshine,it dries the plastic out.

For what It cost you don't loose any sleep over it.
It actually costs a lot ......

$110 cad +$25 Duty. $135 for each 2431 is what it costs me. Plus the $20 box.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You will upgrade the camera or the camera will die before plastic degradation in that location becomes an issue...
How long do these cameras typically last before dying. I was hoping they wouldn't die lol

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Cameras can last for years. I have some Axis cameras that have date codes of 2012 and I'm still using them today.

These are inside cameras mind you. Outside is a different story.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some cameras going that are over 10 years old. I have also had one or two die after 5 years or so where either the IR quit working or the color goes bad.

Most of mine though I replaced perfectly working cameras for a better camera! Some of these then got re-used to replace a worse camera down the line or to add and supplement to the system.

This stuff can be addictive LOL. Especially after an event and you realize that you still had an area that could be improved.