How to access OSD Menu on Dahua DH-HAC-HDW1200EMP

Reaction score
Hello!

TL'DR: Does anyone have any experience accessing the OSD menu on the Dahua DH-HAC-HDW1200EMP?

I live in the UK and have 4x Dahua 1080p HDCVI cameras (model number DH-HAC-HDBW1200EP PAL/30m/3.6mm PN: 1.0.01.12.11550) on my 8 way Dahua HCVR7208A-V2-1T, but I cannot access the OSD menus either via the DVR (my main objective) or by bringing one inside and using a PFM820 UTC Controller.
I can connect to a newer model camera's OSD (DH-HAC-HDW1200EMP) just fine using the same DVR. I'm assuming these cameras have an OSD menu, it mentions it in the spec sheet attached and I'm sure I saw it during the original install sever years ago.

The PFM820 UTC Controller gives me an orange light showing it is running in HDCVI mode, but I can't seem to switch it to SD mode (red light) to cycle between Mode A and Mode B, Mode B is apparently needed to access the OSD via the Controller.
I have it connected to my DVR via baluns and CAT5 whilst inside, the ones still in use outside are connected via usual coax but I can't access the menus on any of them.

I think I found the reset functionality on the camera's PCB but it is not obvious. It seems to reset or perhaps it is merely rebooting by shorting the marked FPN vial number 2 against the metal housing with a paperclip as shown in the image.
No idea what FPN means! Doing the same with the Debug vial cycles on/off a factory engineer's test image.

DH-HAC-HDBW1200EP-reset.JPG

Any good suggestions welcome!

Many thanks.

Attachments

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you display 1 camera on the display. Then use the PTZ control and press iris +. It should bring up the camera menu.

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I just re-tried and it doesn't work for me with these 4 older cameras. I tried all of them, each one in turn as 1 camera on the display, but it will still only work with the newer turret model DH-HAC-HDW1200EMP. The menu opens immediately with that camera.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh sorry that didn't work.
I know that some cameras in the past you had to use a preset 95 command via the PTZ controls, to access the OSD.
Good luck.