How to build a functional system that deters crime?

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the great advice. It really helped when selecting a vendor for our community. We ended up going with Eagle Eye networks and 3 cameras.

Eagle Eye CMVR BR224
2 x AXIS P3265-LVE (Dedicated LPR entrance and exit gates with Axis LPR license)
1 x Q3536-LVE Overview camera

I did a lot of research and learned a ton. Without this group, I never would have accepted 2 cameras that were completely black all night except for license plate capture.

We could have done it cheaper but out vendor has been great and worth it. They focus more on commercial and mutli-family.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
My Condo was too cheap to hire a pro.
When they hired me in July of 2017
I had no idea I was going to be in charge of reviewing this antiquated system( and EYEMAX pc with 2 gigs of ram and Windows 7 32 bit) and the ensuing Circus and the Clownshows that go on thru-out the week.
So started the journey to find out that CCTV had gone to IP cams and Coax had been replaced by POE cabling.
Tried upgrading a couple cams, which helped quite a bit,
But realized I had no EYES outside........and the parking lots were occasionally targeted for door checking, and a late night parking spot for the drunk and high type people.
Google searching landed me on Ipcamtalk a few times, and i picked up a few pointers and realized my system was F-ed.
took awhile and some hard knocks to get up to speed. But eventually we started getting the less professional impulse criminals who drove their own car in.....and started generating Case#'s with the Sheriff's office.
But when Covid hit, and George Floyd rioting was going on.....we did get beat by masks and stolen cars with stolen plates.
But it also forced us to beef up our exterior doors and locking mechanisms, and
rekey our Postal boxes, after an Asian gang somehow got a hold of the " key to the city" and were opening blue mailboxes and Condo mail box systems al over town with Identity theft, check forging etc....all the fun stuff.
We had old ladies running to the bank to secure their accounts. complete shit show.
But because of the Cameras, we finally figured out how we were being victims of identity theft.
So the cameras do help when you see changes in behavior patterns of cars and residents, and who belongs and who is suspicious.
But i reveiwed the footage most mornings to see who came thru the parking lots. and thats where we saved video from suspicious cars, and then when they revisted to pull a crime, we already had their plates and vehicle description and could show a " pattern" of suspicious behavior, which helped LEO's at times.
I took us from from video like this.
1714719200513.png
to a screen like this
1714719279664.png
and eventually like this
1714719339435.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Heres a jack ass that was trying to use the postal key to gain access to the building.
Some Condos and Apt's have a Postal key lock that allows entry into front entrance to the interior mail boxes rooms etc.
luckily we did not have that setup, but here he is trying to figure out why he cant open anything after we changed the lock on the outgoing box, and 8 locks in the incoming banks of mail boxes.
Sorry @looney2ns
this was before your consult on " please NO fucking screenshots of screenshots " etiquitte on the forum..:)
1714719850861.png1714719940184.png1714719955695.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
here is the first piece of evidence that we were being visited, i have at least 3 visits by this group recorded. they stopped coming after they realized the locks were changed. but you have to surveil your video to see who's coming in the property to know if things are getting back to normal.
The Condo was so grateful we upgraded the Camera system, it also changed the behavior of the residents who where chronic rule breakers, and writers of NastyGrams on community bulletin boards( stopped virtually overnight)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
here's a guy trying to break in the front after we foiled his entry from the back doors with beefed up locks and Astragals. in 1 video he breaks into the old door system, and the other he is thwarted.