How to change IP Cam password remotely

Reaction score
Hi, I have a setup with Hikvision NVR, 4 Hikvision Cams and unfortunately 4 No-Name Ip cams. Last week I checked my NVR via Hik-Connect and all these 4 No-Name cams were offline. I first suspect it was hacking because I remembered that I left the cams credentials as admin/admin.:facepalm: I just wished they didn't change the user password with something else and luckily electricity went down last day and cams were back online, seems they didn't change the passwords and their(virus, script whatever they called) was no longer running on my cams but I believe they have botnets always scanning internet for these idiot owner IP cams and will be again able to find my cams in a short period. One of my question is, do these cams have a backdoor vulnerability or hackers are just accessing with admin/admin credentials?

My solution will be to put these no cams in a POE switch which doesn't have any internet access. This POE will only be able to accessible through local NVR. If there is any advice you may give I really would like to hear.

By the way, I forgot to mention, I am 1000 miles away from this setup and all I have is Hik-Connect and IVMS and my modem doesn't have static IP and due to this problem mentioned in this topic I am not even able to make modifications on my cams, I don't even see them in maintenance menu.

And finally my another question is, if they have access to have my cams I should also be able to access and change my password with a hard-one. Am I right?

Since I dont have any static IP, my only access will be the CGN IP that my ISP provided for me. Will this be enough for me to access my No-Name Ip cams admin page?

Thanks.

Last edited: