How to configure post-event recording duration?

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.

I switched from Reolink to Dahua recenctly and I'm going through the configuration options that Dahua has. Some terminology is a little different which is sometimes confusing, but the current issue I am trying to solve is the post-event recording duration. I want my camera to only record when there is an event (when a car drives by my house). I think I found the pre-event recording period under Storage -> Record Control -> Pre-event Record, and I set that to 3 (seconds). But I can't find the post-event setting. Currently the camera will record a video clip starting approx. 3 seconds before the car drives into view, but will then keep recording for additional 40 seconds after the car leaves the frame, making the clip about 50 seconds long. This seems like an awful waste of SD card space considering the car exited the camera view at around 10 second mark. Is there a way to make the camera stop recording for example 5 seconds after the car went by ?

Camera is Dahua IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2 (specs)
System Version: V2.680.0000000.28.R, Build Date: 2021-09-11
WEB Version: V3.2.1.1117604
Security Baseline Version: V2.1

Last edited:

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
Post record is usually set in the events setup area.
Such as motion detection event, IVS event, structuration event, etc.

From an NVR running 4.0 interface it looks like this:
1681606697026.png

In a camera running the older interface, this likely says "record delay":
1681606883658.png1681606941240.png

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, looks like this is a bug then. My camera has the older interface and Record Delay is set to 10 (which is the minimum). In reality it records for 40 seconds after the event. If I set it to 20 in the textfield, then it will record 50 seconds after the event. So it seems it adds "30" to whatever is specified in the textfield. I wonder if this is only in my EoL / discontinued IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2 or if newer ones behave the same.

Last edited:

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out. It was the Anti-Dither setting above! It was set to "30" which matched the "excessive" amount of trailing footage in my clips. I set it to 0 and now the recording stops 10 seconds after the event expires.