How to digital zoom?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a DH-IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS . Spec sheet lists 16x digital zoom. I'm using the cam directly connected to my router with web IP cam viewer.

How do I use digital zoom? There is no selection in the browser window that I can find.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You don’t want to use digital zoom, you want to use optical zoom. Go into web GUI for camera then Conditions then Zoom Tab and you’ll see focus and zoom controls.

HTH

I have a DH-IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS . Spec sheet lists 16x digital zoom. I'm using the cam directly connected to my router with web IP cam viewer.

How do I use digital zoom? There is no selection in the browser window that I can find.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've zoomed in what I could optically. This camera won't zoom enough and I'm just wondering what kind of results I'll get with digital. Can you use digital zoom with a live feed?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
you can but it’s not advised as you will just degrade the image. If you want to digital zoom then go to Live tab then look for the magnifying glass on top right of the Live window. You can then just click OR drag a window around the area of interest and it will oil to accommodate.

I've zoomed in what I could optically. This camera won't zoom enough and I'm just wondering what kind of results I'll get with digital. Can you use digital zoom with a live feed?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what's interesting. I've searched and found videos showing the magnifying glass. I have none on my browser window. I have a relay out and snapshot icons at the top right corner. I'm using Microsoft edge browser and it frequently freezes. When I log on, I have to allow flash to run. Can't even get the video to run on Chrome.

Wondering if using a browser to view this cam is just a bad idea. lol.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
use Internet Explorer

That's what's interesting. I've searched and found videos showing the magnifying glass. I have none on my browser window. I have a relay out and snapshot icons at the top right corner. I'm using Microsoft edge browser and it frequently freezes. When I log on, I have to allow flash to run. Can't even get the video to run on Chrome.

Wondering if using a browser to view this cam is just a bad idea. lol.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the cams setup, there is an option to turn on digital zoom. Then once you've zoomed as far as you can, then it will continue zooming with the digital zoom. YMMV.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've looked through the web browser and see no options that allow one to turn digital zoom on or off.

Is using a browser to view a cam just a bad idea? Is it much better to use a NVR with it's interface or a pc/software?

All the browsers I try have flash conflicts. Isn't flash on its way out?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, my page is different. Doesn't even say Dahua at the top left. Just says IP Camera.

Think a firmware update would help?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm not using a recording device. The camera is wired from my router, through a PoE injector and to the cam.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I access the cam in IE, my screen resolution is off. I only get about 1/4 of the camera video in the lower right corner. Does that make sense?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I definitely see the digital zoom option however, among other options not visible in EDGE or Chrome.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IE didn't even ask me to. Just to confirm running active x controls I think.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's what I get in Internet Explorer. Various options are now visible. (Like speaker, mic and digital zoom) but as you can see the video feed is improper. I'm assuming I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Would using an NVR in conjunction with the camera make any difference? I plan on buying one anyway. Will do it now if I'm wasting my time messing with this. Is an NVR web interface any different? Having to use an outdated browser to view cameras doesn't seem like a viable option to me.

I'm also having trouble with audio. I picked up a microseven mic that was suggested and have it connected properly. Just can't get any sound. I'm wondering if this browser trouble has anything to do with it.

Thanks for your support.

IE pic.jpg2nd pic.jpg