How to wire SD5A425XA-HNR 4MP power supply?

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't find my instructions and the charger leads look the same and I don't have a DIMM it's at work. If I need the DIMM to check polarity I can next week. Though I was hoping to install this weekend. As my PTZ randomly reboots but is back in around 1-2 mins, I have changed ports on the NVR and the issue follows. So, not sure if a power issue or the PTZ has some kind of fault all other cams are fine. Trying to figure out if the issue is a POE NVR issue or PTZ issue that would need to be warrantied out. Besides trying the power supply and watching for a week or so not sure what else to do or if there are any logs to check. Never had this issue before.

PTZ offline 2.pngPTZ offline.pngPTZ offline 1.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
charger leads? I'm thinking your going to try and power it using the barrel connector with a 12VDC 2amp power brick? It doesn't have a barrel connector for 12DVC power?
I just bought this model Cam, and it's on the way...:/

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't look at the cam pigtail it does have a barrel connector, so I guess I'll get one off Amazon for the charger as I can't find one in the box. I thought the cam has separate wires for alarm/power etc...I haven't looked since I installed it. Wrong cam I have two in the same spot it does have pigtail with separate wires, I just need to figure out +/- so I don't fry it, I may just wait until I get my DIMM. I know some PTZ adaptors are 24v AC and not DC but would hate to kill it.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of power is being provided over ethernet from the NVR? Like is is rated to push that PTZ with IR lights enabled?

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of power is being provided over ethernet from the NVR? Like is is rated to push that PTZ with IR lights enabled?
I don't know I haven't looked at the specs though it has been fine for around 9 months and just started. I have a DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E. I looked to make sure maintenance/auto reboot or whatever it was is disabled. Though emergency maintenance not sure what that is, is enabled and if I try to disable it is says it's recommended and not to.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NVR says around 25w a port and PTZ says 11w/20w with IR. So, it should work, though NVR is over 3 years old now so maybe struggling at times I don't have any fancy Fluke meters to test the ports. So, hopefully the adaptor will work if not I'll check with Andy and see what he thanks.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, wasn't paying attention the adaptor says AC output so shouldn't matter on the polarity technically unless it has a reversed polarity, but I don't know what hot/neutral. Anyways I'll just see what happens since it's not a DC adaptor.
So far so good will watch it over the week and see if it reboots, also the PTZ seems more responsive as it worked before was slow to respond to manual movement.

Last edited:

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This AC 24V is used for some 8-inch cameras
For example SD8A440VI-HNI
SD5A425XA-HNR is to use DC not AC

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This AC 24V is used for some 8-inch cameras
For example SD8A440VI-HNI
SD5A425XA-HNR is to use DC not AC
Ok, though the adapter that came with mine says AC not DC. If DC I guess I got it right without a DIMM as so far no issues or drop outs. So, hopefully it’s fine and the NVR Poe wasn’t enough during certain movements.