How's IVS on 2431 vs 5442 cams?

dj_daafje

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking at buying some new cams and i'm mostly interested in 5442 cams and perhaps also some 2431 cams for places with more light.

An important aspect for me in choosing cam, is the following:
I want to make use of IVS or other motion detection performed by the cam itself to lower the cpu-usage on my Blue Iris box and not having to use deepstack.

Who has both cams (2431 and 5442) and can tell me how these motion/IVS functions compare in both camera types? Can they both detect cars and persons? What about false alerts and accuracy? Is it worth choosing the 5442 over the 2431, only from an IVS standpoint?

Thanks for all your opinions!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't have the 2431 but person/vehicle detection on the 5442T-ZE works great in my experience. Very few falses and I sit at my desk and can watch a separate monitor with cams to know that it doesn't miss many if any.

Again, no direct experience with it but the 2431 doesn't list people/vehicle detection in the IVS specs. If it doesn't have that then, given your objectives, I'd go with the 5442.

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
2431 models don't have WizSense / SMD so don't do AI based people/vehicle detection. They only do regular MD / IVS