Huisun 1.3mp Speed Dome PTZ with Auto Tracking and wiper

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@mudflap5 Got 3 questions for ya...

1. How much negative tilt (above horizon) do you have? Does it go to -10 degrees or what?

2. Under the exposure settings and "manual" mode, what is the slowest speed available? Is it 1/25 ? and does it list anything about "slow shutter" either in that list or below the list?

3. Would you happen to know the model number of the cam you received?

1. It might go -10 degrees above the horizon, but it is probably a little less. I'll say -8 - -9 degrees.

2. Slowest shutter is 1/30. No slow shutter settings.

3. DM-RDC305FHPT-KS20HB-W1

It replaced a 27x analog ptz camera. For the price, I am pleased with the performance and image quality. Heck, it was cheaper than the camera it replaced!

Hope this helps.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. It might go -10 degrees above the horizon, but it is probably a little less. I'll say -8 - -9 degrees.

2. Slowest shutter is 1/30. No slow shutter settings.

3. DM-RDC305FHPT-KS20HB-W1

It replaced a 27x analog ptz camera. For the price, I am pleased with the performance and image quality. Heck, it was cheaper than the camera it replaced!

Hope this helps.
Thanks, very helpful! Although, unfortunately not the answer I was hoping for on number 2...These things are supposed to offer slow shutter (1 second) based on manufacturer specs, but I've yet to find any Huisun dome that actually has it. It's a shame because otherwise these seem to be very nice units.

Reaction score
I placed an order for one of these units today, are there specific models for plug type? What I mean is, do you have to order a specific listing to get a DC converter box with the correct regional plug? Or do they provide the correct plug end based on the country they are shipping to? I ordered before talking to Monica and she hasn't answered me yet.

Thanks!

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! Doe anyone know how to get the latest firmware update for this model (DM-RDC205FHPT-KS20HB)?
I am still running on
Program version: V1.0.2 Build 201509160901
Control version: ZoomCam_V1.0.2_build201509241507.

Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Mine is working great as well! It served its initial purpose of capturing illegal activity by the meth heads across the street and getting them kicked out of their own house for at least a year!

Reaction score
Mine has been installed for about 11 months now, without any problems and i live in eastern Washington with cold winters and hot summers.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I have to say that both mine are still working bang on since day one, never a day offline or down due to power.
I have seen some people knock them, but then I've not touched the firmware on these or even tried to flash a HIK firmware onto them.

Would I recommend them. Yep sure would. In the time these bad boys have been in I replaced about 6 Hik due to IR failures and more Axis than Can count
and a few others that are meant to be top brands at over £1200 each yet they have still been replaced (under warranty luckily).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the bad rep was for the smaller bullet style cam not the large 20x PTZ and I have replaced mine with a Pro model Dahua ( Bad mistake ) the Huisun kicks it's ass at night and for 1/3rd of the price.
The large huisun have failures reported here as well..Just a garbage company that makes garbage cameras
Big Bullet killed by it's own wiper.
You really have to be delusional to buy anything made by Huisun..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know your not a fan of the Huisun :) but the one I had for 2 years and many others on the forum had no trouble whatsoever. Just for 1 member to say the wiper had blown his camera and psu is hard to believe. Those cheap Chinese PSU's don't even come with a fused plug so more likely the PSU had a fault and blown the camera.

I must be one of the delusional as I would happily purchase another Huisun 20x 1.3mp if the company was still trading.
Knock yourself out..my point is to prevent others from making a mistake...huisun has had an unreasonably high failure rate...that has been established..the fact that yours is working is meaningless..They drop like flies and users should be aware of that...they cannot be used for surveillance purposes..

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
My analog ptz seen in my avatar is still working in its 5th year of operation. It's much like the huisun, in fact it's called an insun- undoubtedly produced by the same wizards, lol. It's been through major blizzards, a hurricane, tropical storm, and a little storm you all may know as super storm sandy. I never bought into the wiper thing. Mine has primitive auto tracking just like this one too. The key to my longevity success I believe to be not actually moving it a ton through the years. I turned off auto tracking and along the way had it do scans and preset tours, but it's residential. I never saw the need to keep it hopping all around on a constant basis. The power brick died early on but a new one has lasted years. Two things have happened from age. One is the inside of the dome has degraded to a nasty cloudy mess on the ir side but thankfully not on the lens side. The clear faces of these things will do that over time, evidence of inferior build. Make sure you know how to pull the face dome off for cleaning on the inside along the way. The other thing is the ir module. I get blinking on lower strength ir settings so I mostly have to keep it brighter even on full zoom out. Other than that it's still working great. Just realize that at any time you may have to replace. I'm considering fixed instead of ptz when I'm ready.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My analog ptz seen in my avatar is still working in its 5th year of operation. It's much like the huisun, in fact it's called an insun- undoubtedly produced by the same wizards, lol. It's been through major blizzards, a hurricane, tropical storm, and a little storm you all may know as super storm sandy. I never bought into the wiper thing. Mine has primitive auto tracking just like this one too. The key to my longevity success I believe to be not actually moving it a ton through the years. I turned off auto tracking and along the way had it do scans and preset tours, but it's residential. I never saw the need to keep it hopping all around on a constant basis. The power brick died early on but a new one has lasted years. Two things have happened from age. One is the inside of the dome has degraded to a nasty cloudy mess on the ir side but thankfully not on the lens side. The clear faces of these things will do that over time, evidence of inferior build. Make sure you know how to pull the face dome off for cleaning on the inside along the way. The other thing is the ir module. I get blinking on lower strength ir settings so I mostly have to keep it brighter even on full zoom out. Other than that it's still working great. Just realize that at any time you may have to replace. I'm considering fixed instead of ptz when I'm ready.

I don't see the point of buying a PTZ that you aren't going to Pan Tilt and Zoom lol who gives a shit if you wear it out, that's what you bought it for. If you just never have any interest in that though then yeah, save your monies and get a fixed. :D

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Which is why for most residential, ptz is unnecessary. Don't be surprised if after a while it's just a fixed camera that you use every so often. I like it when I need it but necessary? Not really.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Which is why for most residential, ptz is unnecessary. Don't be surprised if after a while it's just a fixed camera that you use every so often. I like it when I need it but necessary? Not really.
for most that might be true, for me? I'm nosy AND paranoid, I think I will get plenty of use out of it, but we shall see LOL.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the bad rep was for the smaller bullet style cam not the large 20x PTZ and I have replaced mine with a Pro model Dahua ( Bad mistake ) the Huisun kicks it's ass at night and for 1/3rd of the price.
Better watch saying Huisun is better than Dahua around here..A group of folks tried to nail me to a cross for suggesting that.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you ordering one? I may be doing the same soon. I've fought with that shitty Dahua until I'm tired of it. Most frustrating cam I've ever dealt with.
Must admit it can be frustrating especially if your new to dahua like me and trying to work out what the options mean and getting it how you want it.

In direct comparison it does knock the spots of the huisun but at the same time the huisun is good value and does work.