I like this PTZ.. HikVision - DS-2DF8C260I5XG-ELW 1/1.2" progressive scan CMOS @ 2mp.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I missed this, but I really like this PTZ. On paper, it seems like it should be a really good camera. What are your thoughts on this, guys?

@wittaj , @bigredfish , @Parley

I bought the 2mp Version - DS-2DF8C260I5XG-ELW (PRICE AS OF Jan 2nd 2024 per @EMPIRETECANDY $2150usd )

8-inch 2MP 60X DarkFighter Laser Network Speed Dome

• 1/1.2" progressive scan CMOS
  • High quality imaging with 2 MP resolution
  • Excellent low-light performance with DarkFighter technology
  • 60× optical zoom and 16× digital zoom provide close up views over expansive areas
  • Expansive night view with up to 500 m laser distance
  • Water and dust resistant (IP67) and vandal resistant (IK10) excluding glass window
  • Supports face capture to detect, capture, grade, and select faces in motion
  • Supports road traffic to detect vehicles
  • Smart Pan-Tilt Correction

Thanks to @bigredfish for finding out the 4mp too

There is also a 4MP version - DS-2DF8C448I5XG-ELW (PRICE AS OF Jan 2nd 2024 per @EMPIRETECANDY $2400 usd )

8-inch 4MP 48X DarkFighter Laser Network Speed Dome

• 1/1.2" progressive scan CMOS
  • High quality imaging with 4 MP resolution
  • Excellent low-light performance with DarkFighter technology
  • 48× optical zoom and 16× digital zoom provide close up views over expansive areas
  • Expansive night view with up to 500 m laser distance
  • Water and dust resistant (IP67) and vandal resistant (IK10) excluding glass window
  • Supports face capture to detect, capture, grade, and select faces in motion
  • Supports road traffic to detect vehicles
  • Smart Pan-Tilt Correction

Price may change in future not sure but check with Andy that is why I put today's date next to the prices.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
People that follow me know that I have shown that 2MP is more than enough and that focal length is more important than MP at a set distance, so I think this would be an absolute monster contender at night.

I think for a PTZ that can see further away, 2MP on a sensor designed for 8MP would be incredible at night.

The question is how much and when are you getting one LOL.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
People that follow me know that I have shown that 2MP is more than enough and that focal length is more important than MP at a set distance, so I think this would be an absolute monster contender at night.

I think for a PTZ that can see further away, 2MP on a sensor designed for 8MP would be incredible at night.

The question is how much and when are you getting one LOL.
I will order it tonight if its not too bad I just messaged Andy :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Link to the camera that you bought. I am having trouble keeping track. :)
Updating prices above just got the price for 4MP version as well that is $2400

I bought the 2mp Version - DS-2DF8C260I5XG-ELW (PRICE AS OF Jan 2nd 2024 per @EMPIRETECANDY $2150usd )

There is also a 4MP version - DS-2DF8C448I5XG-ELW (PRICE AS OF Jan 2nd 2024 per @EMPIRETECANDY $2400 usd )

Price may change in future not sure but check with Andy that is why I put today's date next to the prices.