I'm being an idiot, please help!!!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Really sorry guys, to keep asking for assistance but really struggling here to get everything up and working properly. Seems I know more about cmaeras than setting them up!

Hitting a brick wall with lots of issues - spent 3 full days trying to solve the problems and still not recording!!!

I might use a few consecutive posts to stop the posts becoming too long.

Issue 1 - in camera bottleneck?

I seem to be having an issue with 1 camera only. The picture is sometimes jerky but not always in a shutter style way, more sometimes suggesting a bottleneck. I say this because even slow moving pedestrians are affected. I'll add a video clip soon from my main pc as typing this from the BI machine.

I have SD cards (256gb in both cameras so I'm unsure if encoding to these is adding to the issue.

These are my current encoding settings. Was having trouble before at 25fps but don't really see why it should be an issue as Wildcat was testing at 30fps and the same data rate:

Encoding Settings.jpg

I'm using Substream not 1, so 1 is inactive.

I probably should say it appears to happen in camera. I've tried moving the POE port, resetting the camera, all network cables are solid and were tested with a network tester before connection. My Blue Iris PC's storage drive tests OK with WD's ultility although this shouldn't affect anything as I haven't made any recordings other than manually.

Interstingly, the recordings I exported were smooth whereas the originals played back jerkily in Blue Iris.

Video added as person not identifiable from video - watch them in the back ground and also the car and palm tree leaves on the left hand side near the house wall:

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
2. Recording / Events

I've been unsure what to use in Camera (4Kt) and what to set in BI.

BTW NON of this was set whilst enduring the bottleneck in 1. so non of this contributed.

So far in camera I have set:

**Motion Detection > Event > Area. I'm unsure what to set for sensitivity or threshold:

Area Setting.jpg

**Audio Detection - Guessed Settings - Looking here to trigger on broken glass, a crashing sound eg someone hitting a car panel or door or loud voices. Again unsure of threshold or sensitivity.

**Smart Motion Detection > Human (+ vehicle for driveway cam) set to Medium.

** AI > General Mode > IVS > Trip Wire:

AI - Trip Wire.jpg

Which in the end forced me to go made with trip wires as I couldn't get it to let me let go of the trip until I'd drawn all this!!!

Again no clue as to correct sensitivity to set.

After setting all this in the camera, it seems too much, but I don't know which to use, what settings / thresholds to apply at least as a starting point etc.

As for Blue Iris, I haven't a clue as to how to get it to trip recording off the camera's own events or whether I need to add any form of event detection in Blue Iris as well and add in Code Project AI - very confused!!!

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
3. Blue Iris Sub Streams - Display + Continuous recording of one and trip of the other

I have sub stream and mainstream working - I checked in Multiverse in the camera.

Issue is I want to record the sub stream continuously as that's what most do to at least have a back up, and record the mainstream on an event trigger only. I cannot find where in Blue Iris to set this up. Nor can I find where to set the displayed stream up as the sub stream.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
4. Issues with Scheduling

Tried BP's Sunset tool, didn't work. Followed the instructions from Wittaj to add the new commands to the Sunset interface. Still didn't work and when I tried to add the 2nd camera to the sunset tool, it caused it to crash (the tool).

So far I've had to resort to in camera scheduling and manually guessing the sunset and sunrise times. Luckily the 4kt's have a lot of latitude and so far I've found there's very difference between day and night settings on my cameras the main ones being 0 gain in the day and an 8ms instead of a 16ms max shutter time. However, I've foudn he profiles virtually interchangeable with almost a single profile being possible. It would be nice to get sunset scheduling working though.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
5. Strange settings going on

My cameras keep forgetting / altering my settings.

Several times I've applied camera image settings only to find everything defaulted next time I log in.

I'm also having the same issue with exposure. I set it to Manual mode. Next time a login, it's reset to Shutter Priority.

Any ideas?

Firmware:

System Version:3.120.0000000.14.R Build Date:2023-02-27

Auto Updates are disabled.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5. Strange settings going on

My cameras keep forgetting / altering my settings.

Several times I've applied camera image settings only to find everything defaulted next time I log in.

I'm also having the same issue with exposure. I set it to Manual mode. Next time a login, it's reset to Shutter Priority.

Any ideas?
What browser are you using to configure via the Cam's webGUI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even though this camera is new, Internet Explorer is best to use. Wildcat has seen the coding issues under the hood when trying other programs.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
And it's always worked OK before now?
They're 2 brand new cameras. Seems to have worked for the last few days but now I'm going back in and seeing some settings have changed.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2. Recording / Events

I've been unsure what to use in Camera (4Kt) and what to set in BI.

BTW NON of this was set whilst enduring the bottleneck in 1. so non of this contributed.

So far in camera I have set:

**Motion Detection > Event > Area. I'm unsure what to set for sensitivity or threshold:

View attachment 159197

**Audio Detection - Guessed Settings - Looking here to trigger on broken glass, a crashing sound eg someone hitting a car panel or door or loud voices. Again unsure of threshold or sensitivity.

**Smart Motion Detection > Human (+ vehicle for driveway cam) set to Medium.

** AI > General Mode > IVS > Trip Wire:

View attachment 159198

Which in the end forced me to go made with trip wires as I couldn't get it to let me let go of the trip until I'd drawn all this!!!

Again no clue as to correct sensitivity to set.

After setting all this in the camera, it seems too much, but I don't know which to use, what settings / thresholds to apply at least as a starting point etc.

As for Blue Iris, I haven't a clue as to how to get it to trip recording off the camera's own events or whether I need to add any form of event detection in Blue Iris as well and add in Code Project AI - very confused!!!
You need to adjust the thresholds based on your testing. You can see the progress in the settings as a moving graph as shown in your screen cap above.
It is best to use ONLY AI IVS trip or intrusion zones. Turn off motion and SMD in the camera.
Turn off any motion detection in BI.

Forget about Code Project until you get the other issue's resolved. With the AI in the cameras you probably don't need Code Project.
Take a deep breath and READ the BI help file. Baby steps

On this page, check Get Onvif Trigger Events.
1680726372168.png

On this page check Cameras Digital Input or Motion Alarm.
1680726541002.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True, but @Wildcat_1 that works closely with Dahua and gets "under the hood" of the firmware, said in that same thread you linked:

"Not a case of only using IE for testing, it's more the case that this is the only fully compatible browser (until recent deployments) that truly work with Dahua GUI's. As we've all discussed before, other browsers unfortunately (up to Firefox support most recently) cause anomalies in config, maintenance modes, updates etc. All of this reported back to Dahua to tackle in future but while we all await compatibility with wider browser and platform acceptance OR browser agnostic GUI's, this is unfortunately where we're all at."

So while Dahua claims other browsers are supported, someone that looks at the fine details of the firmware, coupled with many users experience here, that Internet Explorer provides the best opportunity to set up the camera and the setting stick.

Doesn't mean you won't have a problem with another browser, but it is rolling the dice.

Simply use Internet Explorer and be done with it.

Or continue to be one of the stubborn ones we see how that continue to have problems while using other browsers and refuse to IE ;)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Another issue, will have to discuss it in more detail tomoorow as I don't have time tonight - my vidoe rates are set as in the 1st post - Main 16384, sub 2 4076.

BI reports in the Video Tab 2,000kbs main, 300kbs Sub.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
The substream bit rate of my PTZ keeps getting reset to a lower value, regardless of what I set it to. I wonder if it is issues within the new GUI.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok Thanks. Seemed very high compression ratio.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to adjust the thresholds based on your testing. You can see the progress in the settings as a moving graph as shown in your screen cap above.
It is best to use ONLY AI IVS trip or intrusion zones. Turn off motion and SMD in the camera.
Turn off any motion detection in BI.

Forget about Code Project until you get the other issue's resolved. With the AI in the cameras you probably don't need Code Project.
Take a deep breath and READ the BI help file. Baby steps

On this page, check Get Onvif Trigger Events.
View attachment 159205

On this page check Cameras Digital Input or Motion Alarm.
View attachment 159206
The screenshots are very helpful, thanks.

Only difference I have is I have profile 1 Active for everything whereas you seem to have profile 1 configured to Daylight - unsure if you have other profiles.