I'm so LOST! DS-2CD2032-I First Time setup NO Signal

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I ran the SADP and have my IP and port. Put them in the add camera screen, select Hikvision and go nothing.

If I do run "Inspect Now" it changes the Camera settings to RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4 and still does nothing. Is there a router setting I need to check? I'm so far in foul territory it's scary!

Attachments

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went to my IP with my web browser and the camera popped up asking for USR/PWD. Do these two need too match? I must have missed some setup instructions somewhere? Is that what the IVMS Setup SW is for?

Is there a Hikvision for dummies guide?

Attachments

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, So I can see the image view the Hikvision SW on the camera itself. I matched USR/PWD on both, still no go. At least the camera is working.

Attachments

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well my inner self told me to delete the camera, close BI and restart. Opened BI back up, did the same steps but this time the Inspect now picked up the correct camera. Success! Thanks for all the help, LOL!

Attachments

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh, Check out the CPU usage for just one camera 65%! I'm using RDP on my laptop from my couch watching TV and looks like MS downloads are in progress too. I'll let it settle and see if it calms back down.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fyi, i think your initial problem was that you had the rtsp port set to 564 and 554 (unless you changed the default)...blue iris doesnt care about the http port (at least for the 2032, but just so you know its 80 not 8000...8000 is hikvisions media port that they use to transmit to the nvr's and to the vms and phone apps...)
As far as cpu what are the specs of the pc? Try using direct to disc as well...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, with a machine like that you will need to run direct to disc...looks like there were two versions one with the core2duo and the other with the i3...regardless its a first gen i3 so it wont have much power.
Just to give you an idea..with a modern i7-4770 running 22mp total (18x3 and 2x4) I was running between 30-35% at idle, using direct to disc and 15fps on 6 cams and 20 on the remaining two...Then i resinstalled BI after the user screwed with it and messed with the settings...to my surprise im only using 19-22% at idle, i cant explain the drop in usage only that i went from version 3.63.03 to 06...thats it...im stumped....maybe i didnt have all the cams set to direct to disc (although i thought i did)...

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow that is a lot of CPU usage for a newer machine and only 6 cams. What happens if you go up to 30FPS and no direct to disc?

Direct to disc did help bring down the CPU usage. No it's peaking at 65% usage for 1 cam, 30 FPS and direct to disc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its actually very little usage, these machines need to be dedicated to blue iris. Its 8 cams total, 6 3mp and 2 2mp...The hikvision/dahua cams that do 3mp cannot reach 30fps..they max at 20...they can only do 30fps at 2mp. 30fps is overkill for almost every scenario...Without direct to disk you are easily at 60% cpu...
The only way you can get lower cpu usage is by using software that relies on the in camera motion detection...then it your probably be 5-8 percent use...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also remember that when using direct to disk, it starts recording when the i-frame is sent, so lower your iframes to match your fps on your camera...also set your pretrigger frames to at least 60..

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ugh.... where do set such settings. Any screen shots for optimal setup for these cams? I would think a sticky with a word doc would be so handy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its all there, you just need to take the time to learn the software... iframes are in the camera video settings...
pretrigger frames are in blue iris camera properties> record tab