imou ipc-f22ap camera has no web interface..

kispista

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have no idea why..

i got tis camera. I had to reset is, according to this method:

reason: password unknown..

Now, the camera starts, i can intitialise it with the config tool. I can assign a new ip, new password, etc. It's OK, no error messages. But i can't open the web interface.. No answer.. I installed the smartPSS tool. I can log in, i have access to the camera. and i have picture. It works.

But no web access...

Why?

i never used imou products, just dahua, but i think, i should have a web interface... right?

How to uprgrade the firmware for this camera? I can't find any...

I know, imou is not the best choice, but it was for free... :)

thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very few, if any, "smart" cameras and cams that have you scan a QR code with an app (for accessing it remotely via p2p/cloud) have a webGUI....the targeted market has no need they feel to access (or screw up) any camera settings and want simply plug 'n play, use an app on the phone and that's it.

kispista

n3wb
Reaction score
with this it is not the case.. De configuration program for the camera has a button, for opening a web browser, with the IP of the camera... for the web interface.. but it does not work.. If there is a button in the config utility, and it uses a browser, it must work.. i think... hope.. :)

but i never used imou cameras...

ForWhhy

n3wb
Reaction score
The Imou camera doesn't have web interface. It is made for end users. It's not certified to use for companies, just for personal home use.
Smart PSS is for Dahua, and for some rebranded cams. You can have acces to Imou in smart pss, modify every settings like in webinterface, (imou app is limited) because Imou WAS subsidiary of DAHUA until 2024.
After 2024 made Imou cameras no longer will work in SmartPSS and DMSS. One of the biggest Dahua importer told me this a few weeks ago.