IP mismatch

Thirdson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My router, recorder, and 2 current IP cameras all use an IP of ..0.* A third camera I'm trying to install has a default IP of *..1., the first 2 values match, 4th is different for all. The recorder can't find it, and I can't access it via browser, even though it has HTTP protocol, whether I use the 3rd value as 0 or 1. I even tried :and various port numbers. Camera brand name is listed as Fayele, the recorder is Camius, router TP-Link.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Thirdson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason, my *'s representing numbers, are being taken out, and bold letters are put it. So much for AI. Fixing what's not broken.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
please provide full local IP addresses.
======================================
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. LAN addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Note there is no reason to redact local ip addresses when posting.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can list the private LAN IP addresses as it does not tell anyone anything - they are the same as everyone else. The IP address of your service provider for your WAN is what you don't provide...Everything on the inside past the modem is fine to put out. Everything on the inside, the local will fall under these ranges and you are not telling anyone anything about how to hack your system providing these ranges (basically any IP that starts out 10. or 172. or 192. are reserved for the "home side" of the service so every home internally will be within this same range):

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

You need to get the camera to the same IP address subnet of your system. Otherwise it won't find it and that is exactly why your computer cannot Ping them - you are are on one IP subnet and the cameras are on another.

Since you didn't provide the full IP number, this is how we get into a Dahua camera that is on a different IP subnet than our system, so you will have to change the 192.168.1.X to whatever those numbers are of the camera:

You need to change you computer temporarily to 192.168.1.x Or go into the router and make it the 192.168.1.x subnet.

Go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.201

1681954136324.png

Thirdson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, I thought I'd seen my same IP numbers in other's posts. When it comes to online privacy and security, I'll always error on the side of caution.

IP cameras seem to operate like having to rewire your house, if you buy a different brand light bulb; or rejet your carburetor if you buy a different brand of gas. (yes, I'm old, I remember, and have worked on many, carburetors) There is little standardization.

My solution turned out to be, borrow a windows computer, (I use Linux) so we could install yet another program, to access the different camera, to change that one value.

Why do I have different brands of cameras you may ask? Because I need certain parameters, for different cameras, in different locations, and so far, I've not found any single brand to provide that. Would you want to go to a grocery store, and find only one brand, with limited choices? I think not, and that's where IP cameras are at. Flip side, they do offer some parameters, and advantages, coax cameras can not.

Good news is, with 16 cameras, I think I have it covered, now, to just upgrade the quality of some of those cameras.... ;)

Thank you to those who offered advice.