Ipc-hdw4300c - Unresponsive

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe if you right click on the camera in device, choose advance configuration and in that submenu should be the option to get into the camera menu. From memory anyway. Hope it works out for you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ran pss, and sent a reboot command (reboot not a reset) and also clicked on device config...one of those did the trick...i can now access cam just fine. Thanks @vector18 for suggesting PSS. Just goes to show that sometimes you got to try something even though you dont think it will work...

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad it's working now. Once you were able to log into it with PSS, did you check the http port?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup.. Was able to log in via ie on default port 80.. No problems..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes it seems so, or something happened when when i tried to get into the device config...it doesn't make sense because the other day i unplugged the camera from the switch several times and it did not help...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Btw, do you still show the new firmware you loaded on from Vec? I was curious to know how well the audio volume was helped. Not that I plan to update mind you. I'll never update another dahua again after bricking a camera doing so. But you did say you updated, so I was curious.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of the ones I've updated really haven't affected the audio. It just basically allowed a level to be adjusted. I don't think it's even worth updating the firmware to this version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That camera always had the audio disabled...the user did not want it...for kicks i just updated another cam (using the config tool, no issues) but i have to wait until someone goes by and talks there. Ill update if i can tell a difference. The update adds a volume adjustment...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This issue re occurred. This time I confirmed that the reboot command via pss solved the problem...I dont know what is causing it though...i restored the camera to default settings (although i did not find an option for a total hard reset)...Lets see what happens...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like a good use for the auto-reboot feature :)

how long of a PoE run is this camera on?

It could be under volting or over heating, try to turn off anything your not using and reduce system load.. is this failing when IR is on? (ie when power and heat are high)

Can you swap the cameras location with another and see if the problem follows it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol...
The run is less than 100 feet. It does seem to be occurring in the evening with IR on, so that is something i will keep an eye on. Even with IR on these cams consume less the 4w (at least according to a managed zyxel switch i have at another location with the same cameras). These are running on a 8 port (4poe) tp link or trendnet switch (i dont recall off which one off hand) Its got two hikvision bullets and a grandstream attached to it as well. Swapping locations is too much work, at least at this point. I do think you are onto something with the power issue..i had this camera up in place of one of the hiks for a bit, then put the hik back to its original location. When this cam was up in the hiks location it was fine....so its seems to be either the power or the cable....if this issue happens again im going to put a spare switch up there to power this camera only and see if it helps..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
check the cable ends really well, a bad crimp could cause this issue.. a bad connection could heatup slowly after IR is turned on and lower the voltage to a point where the camera hardlocks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
check the cable ends really well, a bad crimp could cause this issue.. a bad connection could heatup slowly after IR is turned on and lower the voltage to a point where the camera hardlocks.
Good point, im going to give it one more chance...if it happens again, im going to first try adding a switch, if its still unresolved im going to re-crimp it....

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a camera going in and out intermittently, and after troubleshooting, it was a miswired pair on the cat5 connectors. You can try different ports on the POE switch as well to rule out the switch port. And, correct me if I'm wrong, you wasn't able to connect to it via web browser, but you were with PSS using the TCP port. Could you try changing the http port to something else besides 80?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting that a miswired pair can cause an intermittent problem. I will take a look and see...
Yes that exactly right...i could only connect via pss...even pss would not display the stream until i sent a reboot command. I can change the http port...do you have a reason to believe that will make a difference?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not so much a reason, but when you have anything but 80, you have to prompt the port that you programmed. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't? But, I would do a cat5 test on end to end on the wire before anything.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK i have figured this one out..had some time to mess with it over the weekend. It is a power related problem. I figured out, the the camera was jamming up on Tuesday evenings during the auto maintenance cycle as it was set to reboot once a week on Tuesdays....i disabled the auto reboot and the camera was rock solid for a few weeks.
So i manually cut power and restarted the switch..camera jammed again. Then i unplugged one of the other cameras and restarted the switch and this problem camera came right up..so the theory is that when the other cams have their ir lights on at night, this switch cannot supply enough power...It has a 30w output max..the other three cameras are swann (2032 hikvision rebrands) and a grandsteam 3611hd 2mp with no ir.. (grandstream does not publish the power draw so ill have to test it..the hikvisions use less the 7 watts even with ir on (i tested this a while ago) and the dahua uses even less..
There are 4 poe cameras attached to this 4 poe switch
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-8-Port-100Mbps-Switch-TPE-S44/dp/B000QYEN1W/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1417568191&sr=8-11&keywords=poe+switch

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the update fenderman, glad you figured it out. That switch is very identical to the tplink 1008p I use. Although I only use Dahua, I never have a power issue.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your pushing it really close, forcing a boot at night probably will cause the most current draw.. and if you reset your switch and all the cameras have to power up at same time that could be bad.

Try to give your self minimum 30% overhead when dealing with power, this helps them cope with the rush of several devices starting at once.. If your calculating your max power draw to 28W then you probably want a switch that can provide 40W of output minimum, and you dont have that.

4 Dahua Ecco-Savy cameras would work fine, but they draw very little power even w/IR on.. ~20W max, leaving a nice 33.3% overhead. Anything more power hungry would be pushing that switch beyond my comfort levels.

Last edited by a moderator: