IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED - Worth it?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anybody have any feedback on this camera? IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED So 24/7 NightColor camera. My Dahua rep was telling me that they will have a new firmware coming out for this in the next couple months which they add SMD feature to it so it sounds enticing.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody have any feedback on this camera? IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED So 24/7 NightColor camera. My Dahua rep was telling me that they will have a new firmware coming out for this in the next couple months which they add SMD feature to it so it sounds enticing.
Search for the review that has been done here.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com PALE MOON BROWSER

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have read the reviews on this. The question being the added feature of SMD which will be implemented. This camera doesn't have it now. Camera just has the basic IVS with face detection, perimeter protection, etc but not true SMD. So this camera with SMD be a better option than the IPC-HDW3441TM-AS which has SMD in the first place. Even though this feature is labeled as Pro AI.... Does that mean it is on the same level as Hikvision's Acusense?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The question being the added feature of SMD which will be implemented. This camera doesn't have it now.
Hmmm, my 5442TM-AS-LED has had the person/vehicle filter feature I got it last summer.

So this camera with SMD be a better option than the IPC-HDW3441TM-AS
The 5442 has a bigger image sensor... 4MP 1/1.8" vs 4MP 1/2.7" ... which is reflected in its better minimum illumination spec (0.002 lux) vs the 3341's 0.005 lux.

However, the 3441 is a traditional IR camera. When the light level gets low, the camera switches to B/W and turns on the IR lights. The 5442TM-AS-LED is a Full Color camera, so when the light gets low, it turns on that mini-floodlight that's built in and blasts white light everywhere. So in that sense, it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

I think the 5442TM-AS (which uses IR instead of LED) is more an apples to apples comparison. I think the 5442TM-AS would perform noticeably better in low-light conditions.