IPC-HFW5442E-ZE Review with Ajax alarm and VMS for my company

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Testing line crossing and intrusion detection with Ajax alarm and Seekone VMS.

BICK

Last edited:

entreri

n3wb
Reaction score
Did I see it correctly that the camera is linked to the wireless alarm through some little box that was fitted in the junction box?

Fotosonic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bick, first of all great video and good integration with the Ajax alarm. I wanted to ask you, did you use an Ajax doorprotect sensor connected to the alarm output of the camera and if so how did you wire the sensor? Also, I noticed you have an Axis IP outdoor horn speaker, does this work with the Dahua camera you show in the video and if so can you trigger motion based events to the horn?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello
Yes you are right the door protect is linked to the alarm output of the dahua camera.
The ajax doorprotect has an external input you have just to connect this external input ( 2 wires ) with the GND and Alarm OUTPUT of the Dahua cam .
When dahua cam trigger she close the alarm output and the doorprotect send information to the alarm.
I use a C3003E from Axis , great product , i use a professionnal VMS ( i work for a VMS compagny ) Seekone VMS .
Dahua IVS are fully integrated in our software , and AXIS products too.

BICK

Fotosonic

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Bick, this is really helpful. I will try setting up something similar with my Ajax alarm. Keep up the good work!

killuadk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Yes you are right the door protect is linked to the alarm output of the dahua camera.
The ajax doorprotect has an external input you have just to connect this external input ( 2 wires ) with the GND and Alarm OUTPUT of the Dahua cam .
When dahua cam trigger she close the alarm output and the doorprotect send information to the alarm.
I use a C3003E from Axis , great product , i use a professionnal VMS ( i work for a VMS compagny ) Seekone VMS .
Dahua IVS are fully integrated in our software , and AXIS products too.

BICK
hi bick so i have similar scenario but i don't have door protect i have just the hub + siren + motion detectors
is there another way to trigger the siren without that door protect

Fotosonic

n3wb
Reaction score
hi bick so i have similar scenario but i don't have door protect i have just the hub + siren + motion detectors
is there another way to trigger the siren without that door protect
Hi there,
You need either an Ajax door protect sensor or an Ajax transmitter so that your IP camera system can communicate with your Ajax Alarm and trigger it through alarm output. As you see in Bick's example above he used an Ajax door protect connected to the alarm ouput of his IP camera, I have tried this and works well.
However, my scenario was more complex as I have a 16 camera system using Blue Iris, therefore, I connected my Blue Iris computer with a SeaDAC Lite REL-4C relay with an Ajax Door Protect sensor and now all my cameras can trigger my Ajax alarm when they detect motion.

Hope this helps.

Diego

killuadk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,
You need either an Ajax door protect sensor or an Ajax transmitter so that your IP camera system can communicate with your Ajax Alarm and trigger it through alarm output. As you see in Bick's example above he used an Ajax door protect connected to the alarm ouput of his IP camera, I have tried this and works well.
However, my scenario was more complex as I have a 16 camera system using Blue Iris, therefore, I connected my Blue Iris computer with a SeaDAC Lite REL-4C relay with an Ajax Door Protect sensor and now all my cameras can trigger my Ajax alarm when they detect motion.

Hope this helps.

Diego
thank's for replay but you did it better so in your scenario 16 camera you use just one Door protect

Fotosonic

n3wb
Reaction score
thank's for replay but you did it better so in your scenario 16 camera you use just one Door protect
Yes, one Door Protect hardwired to my SeaDac relay is all I need so that any motion detection by cameras can trigger the Ajax alarm. You can look in this forum more about SeaDac relays but they work great with Blue Iris via USB. If you use a different VMS you can find out what relay would work best for your system but the idea is the same to take advantage of the alarm output of the camera system to trigger the hardwire contact of the Ajax Door Protect.