IPC or NVR email attachment size?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I searched but couldn't figure out where in the Dahua camera browser menu or NVR to change the size of email attachments sent with alerts via smtp tab. When I enable the "Attachment" box in attached snapshot, I get varying size attachments in the NVR IVS alerts I've set up. It ranges from 400kb(HDW4431) to 1MB+(HDW4631). I'd like to reduce the size of the 6MP camera snapshot attachment files to under a MB as I can VPN to NVR to view footage when needed. Any tips to set the attachment size so it can download quickly in low signal cell coverage areas?

Attachments

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've already looked at that tab in the past week but there was no way for me to change the image size field. I see that yours is also greyed out like mine so I'm currently stuck at 3072x2048 resolution which is my main stream resolution setting. I guess there is no way to force it to send attachment as one of the sub stream resolution settings huh?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats actually not mine, I snagged the image from Google.

Hmmmmm.. let me check tonight, I'm sure I'm getting a 1MP or 640x480 image....

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thats actually not mine, I snagged the image from Google.

Hmmmmm.. let me check tonight, I'm sure I'm getting a 1MP or 640x480 image....
Okay. The photo you snagged from google at least had an option at the bottom to choose between main stream or sub stream snapshots. That would at least allow for smaller attachment image based on their sub stream resolution setting. My 6MP doesn't give that option and I don't want to decrease my main stream resolution.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I see, on mine it is the same as you say. It takes the default setting of the System Display and doesnt allow you to change it...Interestingly on my HCVR HD/IP machine, it allows me to choose the size but on the 4208 4KS2 and IP cams it takes the master System Display setting and doesnt allow for changing it.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like they removed it on IPcams and NVR. Hopefully, Dahua can bring it back in future firmware updates.