IPC-T5442T-ZE IVS Sensitivity

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an IPC-T5442T-ZE along with a handful of other IPC-HDW5231R-Z cams. I use IVS triplines for email notifications and have noticed that the IPC-T5442T-ZE is much less sensitive. On the IVS Global Setup tab there is a sensitivity slider but it is underneath Anti-Disturb Enable so I presume it is a sensitivity setting for that rather than tripwire detection. Has anyone noticed this or played with this setting?

I also have "Smart Motion Detection" enabled with human and vehicle checked, and medium sensitivity. I assume this is different than IVS but might factor in to "People Counting". Would these settings affect IVS?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS and SMD at the same time won't work. Choose one or the other. IVS is more reliable in my experience.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
SMD loads the camera CPU. Keep in mind the CPU in a camera is very basic compared to even a cell phone. IVS hardly loads it at all which is why results are generally better and more reliable with IVS than SMD. I really don't see any way around that kind of problem even with new firmware, processor power remains the same as does the demand for it from SMD.

Last edited: