Is it possible to run 2 blue iris servers on 1 pc ?

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looking to run 2 blue iris server (home / office) at one location (home)
currently the home server is up,is there anyway to combine the cameras and view the other server from same BI program that is open ?

i tried playing around with "remote server" but couldnt figure anything out there

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I doubt you could run both on the same physical machine (ie "metal"). However if you virtualized a Windows machine on the computer, you should be able to run a second instance of BI on that virtual machine. However that doesn't "solve" the problem of viewing all of the cameras on one interface. As far as I know, there is no way to do this the way you are thinking.

Here is what I would suggest. Run two machines at their respective locations (home machine at home and office machine at the office). If you want to view the office cameras at home, you can set up a VPN tunnel and duplicate the office cameras on your BI machine. I would suggest that you don't record these cameras on your home BI, but only have them for display purposes. This way if the internet connection at either location goes down the local BI is still able to record all the footage for the respective local cameras, but obviously you will loose the ability to "see" the office cameras at home in this situation. Of course this will cause a decent amount of traffic to flow between the two locations, so depending on how many cameras we are talking about, you better have a decent internet connection at each location - especially a fast "outgoing" speed at the office location .

mteky2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think that's possible. That sounds like a good feature for BI to add.