Is there a good off grid solution ? Any affordable and good camera 4G simcard with solar panel ?

Reaction score
I had a NVR Hikvision and some poe cameras installed on my house in the contry side. Everything was working fine with a Simcard modem and routter to but last week after a summer storm the house stayed four days without eletricity
( I live in Brazil ) and thiefs entered at my propertty and took everything, the cameras, NVR, and lots of stuff inside the house.

I am trying to figured it out, but I think I need something simple.

Well, now I am looking to an alternative solution, I think it is better go off grid, the property have 20k hectares but I only need a few cameras. I think 3 cameras with SOLAR PANEL 4G simcard is enougth.

I hope this is the rigth place to post this. Or is there a thread about 4G with solar panel? I tried the search with no luck.

Thanks,
Jose Carlos.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry take too long to reply, I am still looking at all options.

I am think Dahua and Hikvision have good options. Sometimes I think to go with Reolink cheaper and easy to buy at alliexpress, but I know the issues with this brand.

I don't wan't NVR anymore, due the energy restritions and eventually all system will be without power.

Is there a global vendor ? I can't see any Dahua or Hikvision with those 4G solar panel to buy them in Brazil.

Thanks,
Jose Carlos