Is there a trick to doing tripwire with the new GUI?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to use tripwire with the new GUI in the PTZ5A4K-25X. It won't let me go in any direction I want. If I zigzag, it lets me do that a couple of times, and then I have to go in the direction it wants me to go before I can start a new direction. Do I need to do something special? All the tripwires I have done before have been just do what you want with your pattern.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think the new GUI lets do you as many zigs and zags on IVS that you want like the older GUI did. At least, that has been my findings unless I'm doing it wrong too.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't do hardly any zigs and zags, at least in the direction I want to go. It is a larger area with several things that need special attention. Should I do several different tripwires or intrusions if I can't hit the areas I want the way I want?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't do hardly any zigs and zags, at least in the direction I want to go. It is a larger area with several things that need special attention. Should I do several different tripwires or intrusions if I can't hit the areas I want the way I want?
I use intrusion boxes myself. Others seem to have better results with IVS. I think it is scene dependent. You may want to try both and test.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I ended up using intrusion. I have never used more than one rule in each before. Can I use multiple rules to hit certain areas for each camera?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I ended up using intrusion. I have never used more than one rule in each before. Can I use multiple rules to hit certain areas for each camera?
Sure. That’s how you set up overwatch cams to call ptzs to presets.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to use tripwire with the new GUI in the PTZ5A4K-25X. It won't let me go in any direction I want. If I zigzag, it lets me do that a couple of times, and then I have to go in the direction it wants me to go before I can start a new direction. Do I need to do something special? All the tripwires I have done before have been just do what you want with your pattern.
Same thing here. I just try over and over again until I've managed to create something that still works...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try this... First make two lines in an "L" shape like the axis of a graph along the longest outside edges of the area that you want to cover. Then you should be able to draw more lines freely within that extent (up to whatever the actual limit is ~10 or so I think).

There's another better way to do it that someone else found but I can never remember what that is so I just do the above.

ETA: For distinguishing various IVS rules, see this post and the rest of that thread.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm using IE browser to draw both tripwire ZigZag and intrusion box but never notice any problem on my PTZ5A4K-25X.
Speaking of which, what's the most compatible browser on a Mac to use for the new GUI?