Is there any way to see what the object size and contrast was that caused a trigger?

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got an automatic light that constantly triggers my cameras and sends me an alert. Is there any way to find out what the object size and contrast that triggered that alert, this way, I can just set it under that and stop it from being triggered just when the lights are going on/off?

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I think I found it. For those who stumble upon this thread, you need to search the help file for "Testing & Tuning" exactly (you need the ampersand).
The long and short of it is that you need to go to the playback of the camera you want to tune, right click and select "Testing and Tuning" then "Analyze with motion detector". The catch is that you need to go back at least 5 seconds before the trigger event (probably to give it time to process). Just make SURE you go back and turn testing and tuning OFF when you're done.
I had to mask off the entire area around the lamp to solve my issue, but at least I was able to see how far it went out with this tool. This is VERY handy when it comes to setting up your trigger sensitivity.

This post was a good help: