Ivms4200/nvms7000

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These two are really the same software so I put them together. I unfortunately am moving away from blueiris and losing its ease of use and features do to the intense work on the cpu. I have 17 cameras running direct to disk with motion . Problem is its a day care so I can be getting all 17 recording at once.
Anyone know how to access the webserver in ivms/nvms. Do I need to forward the port of each camera or can I just forward for the machine running the server. I setup streaming media server but it goes nowhere. Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These two are really the same software so I put them together. I unfortunately am moving away from blueiris and losing its ease of use and features do to the intense work on the cpu. I have 17 cameras running direct to disk with motion . Problem is its a day care so I can be getting all 17 recording at once.
Anyone know how to access the webserver in ivms/nvms. Do I need to forward the port of each camera or can I just forward for the machine running the server. I setup streaming media server but it goes nowhere. Any help would be appreciated.
Its supposed to have a webserver in the newer versions..if so then you should only have to forward the webserver (if you have to forward each camera its not a webserver)...
Never used it though.
I still believe your BI system was setup incorrectly as a 6700k can easily handle 34mp of recording even all at once with hardware acceleration. For that many cams I would use at least 16gb of ram as well. I have seen memory make a huge difference in BI cpu utilization even when it looks like BI is not using much. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6201-Blue-iris-and-CPU-consumption-as-it-relates-to-memory-usage
You may also need two drives to split the write load.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In that one it isn't a 6700k. (Have that in another system) it is a i7 4970k. Can't seem to access the webserver at all. Running the v2 and it says in the instructions that it has one. Will call lts security where I bought the cameras maybe they can help. I am not sure what could be setup wrong it has 8gb of memory. I read through many of your posts and looked at everything . All looks correct.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In that one it isn't a 6700k. (Have that in another system) it is a i7 4970k. Can't seem to access the webserver at all. Running the v2 and it says in the instructions that it has one. Will call lts security where I bought the cameras maybe they can help. I am not sure what could be setup wrong it has 8gb of memory. I read through many of your posts and looked at everything . All looks correct.
It may need 16gb for BI and that many cams. With hardware acceleration enabled (using intel not discrete graphics) and direct to disk recording at 15fps it should be no problem at all. You might try writing half the cameras to another disk, or nas. Just for testing.
Moving from BI to ivms is going to be painful.

Ion Barker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might try writing half the cameras to another disk, or nas. Just for testing.
Moving from BI to ivms is going to be painful.
Where do I modify the settings so I can select certain cameras for certain HDD's?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where do I modify the settings so I can select certain cameras for certain HDD's?
setup an aux folder pointing to the second drive in the clips and archiving tabs..them in the camera record tab, point half the cameras cameras to the aux folder