Just Purchased My First IP Cam - UOKOO

KidKobun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just bought my first IP cam. It's an UOKOO wireless IP cam...this one: Amazon.com: Mini Wireless Camera, UOKOO Home WiFi IP Security Surveillance Camera System with Motion Email Alert Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out their app and see if I can't get this camera configured with tinyCam PRO. So I'll be searching the forums to see if I can hunt down any relevant info. If not, then I may make a separate thread.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

KidKobun

n3wb
Reaction score
This may have helpful information: Connect to Uokoo IP cameras
Thanks. It's all still a little over my head. I can get the camera set up no problem, but using their app scares me because of all of the information and permissions that it requires. Plus, half the time the app won't connect to the camera or just flat out crashes. I'm thinking about returning it to Amazon for something a little more trustworthy and secure. Have any recommendations?

If I can figure out a way to change my username and password without having to go through their app I might consider keeping it, but I'm not sure if that's possible (think it is?).

Here's their app for reference: iSmartViewPro - Android Apps on Google Play

The whole thing leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I wound up returning that PoS. ;P

Last edited: