Just upgraded my Asus router --- UI3 no longer workie

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, it used to work on my old router. I upgraded from a Asus RT-AC68U to an Asus RT-AX86U and I can't access UI3 from my laptop or mobile device within my local network (I'm at home and not using VPN). The only change has been the router swap out. I'm drawing a blank....it must be something simple in the router I'm overlooking. My router's DHS Server is set so that my BI machine assigned 192.168.1.200 as it was with the old router. But I get the following error when I go to 192.168.1.200:81/ui3.htm

What setting am I forgetting in the new router?

1695501898660.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it used to work on my old router. I upgraded from a Asus RT-AC68U to an Asus RT-AX86U and I can't access UI3 from my laptop or mobile device within my local network (I'm at home and not using VPN). The only change has been the router swap out. I'm drawing a blank....it must be something simple in the router I'm overlooking. My router's DHS Server is set so that my BI machine assigned 192.168.1.200 as it was with the old router. But I get the following error when I go to 192.168.1.200:81/ui3.htm

What setting am I forgetting in the new router?

View attachment 173027
Ensure your network type is set to private in windows...the swap would make windows think its a new network and default to public.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
But now I have the same problem with a another BI machine 500 miles from here. I connect with OpenVPN but RDP will not let me in. I don't think my 87 year old dad is up to remoting logging into that BI machine with his network connected laptop and changing the network adapter setting from public to private. Any suggestions?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I take it that even if I put the old router back in that the BI machine 500 miles away has already changed the network from private to public so it would not work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But now I have the same problem with a another BI machine 500 miles from here. I connect with OpenVPN but RDP will not let me in. I don't think my 87 year old dad is up to remoting logging into that BI machine with his network connected laptop and changing the network adapter setting from public to private. Any suggestions?
have your dad install teamviewer or similar via a link and you take over.
For a remote machine you should always have another way to access that doesnt rely on rdp, like TV or chrome remote desktop...

Also I am not quite sure why the remote machine would see this as a new network (or care) if you are remoting in to the network its already on. Its own network properties should remain the same.