Keep losing audio from Reolink Doorbell

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a strange one. Maybe my settings... not sure. I have 12 cameras and this is the only one doing this:
About once a day I lose audio from the camera thru BlueIris.
I lose it thru BI5 both the Android app and the web interface.
If I do a "Restart Camera" from BI5, audio comes back, for awhile then goes back out again. Maybe a day later, not sure.
No issues on Video.
If I playback the video clips at the point after the audio went out, there is no sound.
If I playback the video when I know I could hear sound, the video clip has sound.
If I launch the Reolink desktop app, I get sound. (When Blue Iris isn't getting sound)

Running the Reolink on WIFI 5gh channel and have 3 out of 4 bars.
Very few No Signals in a week period. maybe 1 a week

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to the Watchdog tab and uncheck the "also detect loss of audio" because what happens is any tiny blip, even if it doesn't show as an error or loss of signal, it will turn the audio off until you do what you do to get it again.

1710953954965.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you also record to the doorbell's micro sd card? Do those clips loose audio?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So i just figured out.. it applies to both of my Reolink cameras only.
If I use the Reolink PC application, I get sound every time. But when I switch to Blue Iris, I don't get sound unless I issue a reboot command to both. If I reboot the camera from either the Reolink PC app or thru Blue Iris, sound resumes. Then eventually I lose sound again.
All my other cameras are Dahua, Amcrest and still have a couple Foscam. None of them have this issue.

Im not using an SD card in either Reolink doorbell or PTZ camera.

Im on BI 5 v.5.8.7.11 x64 (3/2/24). I just updated to this version yesterday thinking it may be an issue. The old version I was on was 5.7.xxx and it did the same thing.

Any more suggestions? Are my settings correct that I attached on original post?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So i just figured out.. it applies to both of my Reolink cameras only.
If I use the Reolink PC application, I get sound every time. But when I switch to Blue Iris, I don't get sound unless I issue a reboot command to both. If I reboot the camera from either the Reolink PC app or thru Blue Iris, sound resumes. Then eventually I lose sound again.
All my other cameras are Dahua, Amcrest and still have a couple Foscam. None of them have this issue.

Im not using an SD card in either Reolink doorbell or PTZ camera.

Im on BI 5 v.5.8.7.11 x64 (3/2/24). I just updated to this version yesterday thinking it may be an issue. The old version I was on was 5.7.xxx and it did the same thing.

Any more suggestions? Are my settings correct that I attached on original post?
Email BI support

mvoss

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the POE version and mine works fine, never had to reboot. I get sound through BI and the BI recordings.
I have audio set to "RTSP alternate AAC decoder".

Michael