Live video choppy and getting stuck

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi

I have just mounted my cameras through NVR and noticed whilst I was focussing that there was a delay.

On looking closer I noticed the video was choppy as in I could see the timer stops and comes on after 5-10 seconds.

Anyone come across it and any ideas?

NVR is 7616 series with 8 POE ports with vari focal dome camera. Running at 1080p with 25 frame rate. Only 2 cameras live at moment.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
One cause for this symptom would be a PC that doesn't have a fast enough CPU / graphics subsystem for the HD video stream.
If you have more than one PC it would be worth a comparative test, especially if it's a different spec.

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update tried another laptop had same issue.

Actually I was using the laptop to see the video whilst trying to focus and realised it was the laptops wireless that was causing an issue.

All working perfectly now. Three more cameras to mount, will leave it for next weekend.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I had trouble with WiFi being cruddy for my phone while aiming and/or focusing a camera. Just imagine what it would be like if you were also using wireless cameras like so many people try.