Looking for cheap IP camera without strings attached and WebUI

MrWho

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon all!

At my home, both of my cameras are manufactured in China, and the picture quality is fine, as I'm not demanding.

I've already got the cameras on a dedicated vlan (to cut them off the outside world) and the only access is through a laptop running ContaCam and two network cards - one for the CCTV vlan and the other to my main vlan, in order to access the footage via web.

But now purchasing a cheap camera that doesn't demand you to use a smartphone app to set up and that still has the possibility to configure via web browser is truly making me angry - the specs don't mention anything and I already bought a couple that go that route.

Anyone can recommend some basic cheap models that doesn't force you to use the smartphone and allows you to configure the settings via web?

I don't need 4k, 1080p is plenty good, and even 720p is enough. I prefer with RJ45 connector, but wireless is an option, if there's no other way.

Thank you!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Need more details on specific purpose/location.

If all you want is a "camera" there's plenty of cheap ones.

MrWho

n3wb
Reaction score
Need more details on specific purpose/location.

If all you want is a "camera" there's plenty of cheap ones.
I'd say anything below 50€ would be cheap, between 50€ and 100€ would be acceptable, anything over 100€ out of my budget.

Right now I'm aiming to replace a 720p camera with IR and RJ45 connector - and that's about it for my needs. 1080p would be a nice bonus, anything over is overkill.

All exterior cameras.

Thanks.

MrWho

n3wb
Reaction score
1000058766.jpg

The camera I'm replacing (left) and the one I installed recently banging my head around the need for an app and no web UI (right).

Both fulfill my needs perfectly, but the left camera died recently, so I need a replacement.

MrWho

n3wb
Reaction score
Just found out that the ESCAM PT301's wifi antenas are... fake! I dropped the camera while installing it, and one of the antenas popped off - and it's just plastic, without any metal contacts whatsoever - and the hole where they fit in the camera is just that - a gapping see-through hole.

1714912479716.png

Piece of garbage.

MrWho

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any kind of ip camera database where people can add this kind of info?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any kind of ip camera database where people can add this kind of info?
Not that I am aware of but there may be.

For now your comment using the exact brand and model number you used in your post may appear in a search and they will read of your dissatisfaction with the camera and ESCAM's scam regarding the antennas. :cool: