Looking for doorbell recommendation with these requirements

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI all,

I've been using an Amcrest AD410 wifi door bell connected to by Synology Surveillance Station for about two years. I have it configured with the Dahua DMSS app via a forwarded port because I found it worked better than the Amcrest app. Right now, the AD410 is failing - when the button is pushed, it reboots. I have read of battery issues and really don't want to get in to replacing the battery, just looking for something new.

The following would be my minimum requirements:
  • wifi
  • Connects to external mechanical chime.
  • Ability to interface with Surveillance Station. Ideally it could do everything through SS - notifications, intercom, etc., without needing an external app. The Amcrest was always very clumsy with SS, and I don't recall if that was the camera or SS itself. If not SS, needs to have a clean app of its own - one that will allow me to respond to a call quickly.
  • Doorbell notification is critical, two-way intercom is secondary. I haven't used the intercom that much, but the doorbell notification to my phone has been helpful to have.
  • Does good with morning sun - the Amcrest has not had an issue that I can tell, but it may be part of the reason for the recent battery failure. House faces east and there is no covering over my porch.
Edit: Built-in human and/or vehicle detection would be important as well.

Can you provide some recommendations for what's out there now as a start for me to begin looking at options?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: Built-in human and/or vehicle detection would be important as well.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Caution, even though the ReoLink is top dog now, it does not have WDR and with your location and the sun, pretty sure you will experience dark faces.